Numerical Simulation of Hydrodynamic Conditions on Closure Gap of Immersed Tunnel in Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge
The immersed tube method is adopted in the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge. Before the final joint is installed, a closure gap will be formed in the middle of the immersed pipes. The closure gap underwater has its own characteristics of water current. In this article, a 3D mathematical model of water flow in the local waters of the closure gap is established, and the flow structure in the closure gap area is simulated, and the relationship of the water flow velocity with the Pearl River runoff and the tidal range is worked out. The simulation results show that the velocity distribution in the vertical section of the closure gap is present that the surface velocity is greater than the bottom and the velocity of ebb tide is greater than that of flood tide. The closure gap water flow increases with the increase of the tidal range under the same runoff, and the flow velocity increases with the increase of the upstream runoff under the same tidal range. The crane ship used in the final joint installation is only 30m away from the closure gap area. The deflecting flow from the ship’s bow makes the flow velocity increased sharply on the west side of the closure gap, but it has less influence on closure gap water flow conditions. According to the numerical simulation results of the hydrodynamic conditions in the closure gap, the external water conditions and the appropriate time for the final joint installation are confirmed. The technical support of the final connection is provided for the project of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.
KeywordsHong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge closure gap 3D current model tidal current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The research work is supported by National Key R&D Program of China(2017YFC0405900).
- 1.Chi Yaoyu, Zhu Dansheng, Wang Xiumin, et al. Re-discussion on the law of interception and closure[J]. Sediment Research, 1998, (4): 56-64.Google Scholar
- 2.Li Yunzhong, Ye Dexu, Zhang Nianzhou. Study on the velocity distribution of the Closure gap interception in the open channel of the Three Gorges Project[J]. People’s Yangtze River, 2003(S1): 56-58.Google Scholar
- 3.Li Jiaxing, Chen Lide. Hydraulics (Volume 1) [M]. Nanjing: Hohai University Press, 1996: 398-401; 335-336.Google Scholar
- 4.Li Wei et al. Hydraulic calculation manual [M]. Beijing: China Water Resources and Hydropower Press, 2006: 73-76.Google Scholar
- 5.Fujian Water Resources and Hydropower Department. Technical Regulations for the Design of the Cofferdam Project in Fujian Province [M]. Appendix L, 1992: 121- 125.Google Scholar
- 6.Chen Dechun, Wu Jiwei, Li Yu et al. Research on the Closure of Helong Technology in the Surrounding Sea Project[J].Journal of Hohai University (Natural Science), 2002,30(5):67-70.Google Scholar
- 7.Pan Lihong, Zhu Jianrong, Yu Xiangcheng, Zhao Nan. Hydrodynamic characteristics of Closure gap in the large-scale cofferdam project in the estuary[J].Marine Engineering,2010,28(01):110-116.Google Scholar
- 9.He Jie, Jia Yushao, Xin Wenjie. The mathematical model of the two-dimensional flow in the river network and estuary of the Pearl River Delta[J]. Proceedings of the 18th China Ocean (Ashore) Engineering Symposium, 2011.9: 1350-1355.Google Scholar