Verification of Performance of Model for Predicting Formation of River-Mouth Terrace in Dynamic Equilibrium
The effect of the river-mouth current on sand movement around a river-mouth terrace was incorporated into the contour-line-change model to predict the dynamic equilibrium topography under the action of waves and current. Then, the river-mouth terrace topography, the velocity distribution of the river-mouth current, and the grain size distribution were measured at the mouth of the Yumizutani River flowing into Lake Biwa. The performance of the model was evaluated on the basis of these field data. The impact of river-mouth improvement such as the construction of jetties at the river mouth was also examined using the present model.
Keywordsriver-mouth terrace equilibrium topography field measurements contour-line-change model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hunt, I. A. (1959). Design of seawalls and breakwaters, Proc. ASCE, Vol. 85, WW3, pp. 123‒152.Google Scholar
- Furuike, K., Uda, T., Serizawa, M., and San-nami, T. (2006). Model for predicting dynamic changes in river mouth bar, Proc. 30th ICCE, pp. 3295-3307.Google Scholar
- Serizawa, M., Uda, T., San-nami, T., Furuike, K., and Ishikawa, T. (2008). Model for predicting formation of dynamically stable ebb tidal delta off tidal inlet. Proc. 31st ICCE, pp. 2291-2302.Google Scholar
- Uda, T. and Kawano, S. (1996). Development of a predictive model of contour line change due to waves, Proc. JSCE, No. 539/II-35, pp. 121-139 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- Uda, T., Serizawa, M., San-nami, T., and Furuike, K. (2006). Model for predicting dynamically stable beach based on analogy with two-dimensional potential flow, Proc. 30th ICCE, pp. 3911-3923.Google Scholar
- Uda, T. (2017). Japan’s Beach Erosion - Reality and Future Measures, 2nd ed., World Scientific, p. 530.Google Scholar
- Uda, T., Serizawa, M., and Miyahara, S. (2018). Morphodynamic model for predicting beach changes based on Bagnold’s concept and its applications, INTEC, London, UK. https://www.intechopen.com/books/morphodynamic-model-for-predicting-beach-changes-based-on-bagnold-s-concept-and-its-applicationsGoogle Scholar