Performance Analysis and Optimization of Process Parameters in WEDM for Inconel 625 Using TLBO Couple with FIS
The present investigation highlights an experimental study and optimization of machining outcomes characteristics (such as MRR and Ra) during WEDM process of Inconel 625. The present work examined the effects of wire electrode materials, such as Zn-coated brass electrode (ZCBE) and uncoated brass electrode (UBE) on work material during WEDM process. Based on L16 orthogonal array, the experiment was performed in consideration with four process factor: spark-on time (Son), flushing pressure (Pf), wire-tension (Tw), and discharge current (Dc), within selected experimental domain. The additional objective of present investigation is to develop a multi-response optimization tool for selection of satisfactory process parameter setting during WEDM of Inconel 625. Nonlinear regression model was applied to formulate statistical models for multi-objective optimization using, fuzzy inference system (FIS) combination with TLBO for fulfill this objective. Finally, the satisfactory process parameter obtained by TLBO was compared with the genetic algorithm (GA) individually and found out that, the TLBO algorithm was found to be simpler, effective, and time-saving approach while solving multi-objective problems.
KeywordsWEDM MRR Surface roughness FIS TLBO GA
- 5.Kumar, A., Abhishek, K.: Influence of process parameters on MRR, kerf width and surface roughness during WEDM on Inconel 718: performance analysis of electrode tool material. Int. J. Ind. Syst. Eng. 30(3), 298–315 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar, A., Abhishek, K., Vivekananda, K., Upadhyay, C.: Experimental study and optimization of process parameters during WEDM taper cutting. In: Soft Computing for Problem Solving, pp. 721–736. Springer (2019)Google Scholar
- 13.Verma, R.K., Abhishek, K., Datta, S., Mahapatra, S.S.: Fuzzy rule based optimization in machining of FRP composites. Turk. J. Fuzzy Syst. 2(2), 99–121 (2011)Google Scholar
- 16.Rao, R.V.: Parameter optimization of machining processes using TLBO algorithm. In: Teaching Learning Based Optimization Algorithm, pp. 181–190. Springer (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.Golshan, A., Ghodsiyeh, D., Izman, S.: Multi-objective optimization of wire electrical discharge machining process using evolutionary computation method: effect of cutting variation. Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. Part B J. Eng. Manuf. 0954405414523593 (2014)Google Scholar