Report on the Development of Emerging Special Economic Zones in Xinjiang
In 2016, the “Kashgar Special Economic Zone” and the “Khorgos Economic Development Zone” actively responded to the complicated domestic and international environment, focused on the overall goal of social stability and long-term security, seized the opportunity of the Belt and Road Initiative, vigorously promoted supply-side reform and promoted stable development and reform. The prefecture (city) achieved the good situation of overall social stability and rapid economic development. This paper first expounds the developmental states of Kashgar and Khorgos SEZs in terms of economic scale, industrial structure, industrial production, foreign trade, residents’ income and level of urbanization, then analyzes the main problems they face in development, and finally proposes policies for solving problems, as reference for the further development of emerging special economic zones in Xinjiang.
KeywordsKashgar Khorgos Developmental report Open along the border areas Stability
- Abudureyimu, D. (2016). An analysis of the impact of the belt and road initiative on the optimization of Kashgar’s industrial structure. China Business, 29, 50–51.Google Scholar
- News reports on people.com.cn.Google Scholar
- News reports on news.163.com.Google Scholar
- Related policies and communiqués. www.xjhegs.gov.cn.
- Related policies and communiqués on www.kashi.gov.cn.
- Sulaiman, S., Xiamisiya, K., & Amanguli. (2016). An analysis of the optimization of the industrial structure of Kashgar. Economic Affairs.Google Scholar
- The 2016 Statistical Communiqué on the National Economic and Social Development of the Kashgar Prefecture.Google Scholar
- Wang, B., & Hu, B. (2015). Annual report on the development of China’s special economic zones (2015)—Report on the development of emerging special economic zones in Xinjiang.Google Scholar
- Wang, B., Zhang, Y. (2014). Annual report on the development of China’s special economic zones (2014)—Report on the development of emerging special economic zones.Google Scholar
- Wang, X., Liu, D., & Zhang S. (2016). Development and perfection of the trade logistics industry in Kashgar against the background of the construction of the “China-Pakistan Economic Corridor”. Journal of Financial and Economic Theory.Google Scholar
- Zhang, C., Zhang, Y., & Wu, W. (2017). Study on the integration of urban and rural development in border areas under the belt and road strategy: A case study of the Kashgar prefecture in Xinjiang. The Journal of Humanities.Google Scholar
- Zhu, X. (2016) Thoughts on the status and vision of the Kashgar economic development zone on the silk road economic belt. Journal of the Party School of the CPC Urumqi Municipal Committee.Google Scholar