Report on the Economic Development of the Shenzhen Bay Area
In the background of economic globalization, trade among countries and regions is increasingly frequent, so the importance of the logistics becomes obvious. At the same time, the developmental model of the Bay Area economy based on geographical advantages and industrial clusters has been widely adopted in the developed economic regions of the world. Probing deeply into economic phenomena, this paper takes Shenzhen as an example to explore the complementary relationship of the developmental model of Bay Area economy, the logistics industry and regional economic development. First of all, based on the theory of logistics integration, we define the relevance of its connotation and conditions of formation to the regional economy. Then, based on the development of the logistics industry in the Shenzhen Bay Area, we discuss the developmental path of Shenzhen to further enhance the regional economic level through logistics integration.
KeywordsBay area economy Logistics industry Logistics integration Shenzhen’s development
- Chao, M. (2013). Study on the cross-border e-commerce operational mode of Shenzhen Qianhai Port. Logistics Technology, 32(11).Google Scholar
- Guojie, L., & Chaofeng, L. (2008). Research on the competitiveness of the logistics industry of guangdong based on the diamond model. Logistics Engineering, 11, 84.Google Scholar
- Meifang, L., & Fang, Y. (2014). Analysis of the impact of electronic logistics on the regional economy of human. Consume Guide.Google Scholar
- Qingqing, X., & Lixin, M. (2006). Overview of regional logistics development and research. Logistics Technology, 4, 56–57.Google Scholar
- Rui, Z. (2017). Experience and enlightenment of world bay area economic construction. China National Conditions and Strength, 5, 31–34.Google Scholar
- Ruijun, L. The interactive development of regional logistics and regional economy—Taking Shanxi Province as an example. Master’s Dissertation of Beijing Jiaotong University.Google Scholar
- Shenzhen Government Online. www.sz.gov.cn.
- Shi, D. (2012). Empirical study on coupling the evolution of logistics integration and regional economic growth. Wuhan University of Technology.Google Scholar
- Shuyun, W. (2003). A study of enterprise logistics integration. Journal of Yantai University (Philosophy and Social Science Edition), 16(2), 200–205.Google Scholar
- Song, H. (2007). Why logistics is integrated. Managers, 81, 78–80.Google Scholar
- The Medium and Long-Term Plan for the Development of the Logistics Industry (2014–2020), (G.F.  No. 42).Google Scholar
- The National Bureau of Statistics of China. www.stats.gov.cn.
- The Shenzhen Bureau of Statistics. www.sztj.gov.cn.
- Yanxia, L. (2014). Research and implications of bay area economy home and abroad. Urban Insight, 3.Google Scholar
- Zhigang, Z. (2005). Research on the harmonious development of modern logistics and the economy of city agglomeration. Shanghai: Fudan University.Google Scholar