An IoT-Based Smart Plant Monitoring System
In this modern era of fast-moving technology, we can do things which we could never do before and to do these tasks there is a necessity to build a platform to perform these tasks. The proposed system puts forth the home automation technique for smart plant watering system. A smartphone empowers the user to be updated with their current garden status using IoT from any part of the world. The system uses Node ESP8266 as the microcontroller interfacing unit.
KeywordsSmart plant watering MQTT IoT Cloud Soil moisture Wi-Fi
The authors would like to thank the reviewers for their suggestions and remarks for improving the paper content. We also extend our gratitude to the guide and mentor Prof. S. V. Athawale for sharing his wisdom and providing an insight that assisted the project.
- 1.S. Rajagopal, V. Krishnamurthy, OO design for an IoT based automated plant watering system, in IEEE International Conference on Computer, Communication, and Signal Processing (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.A. Na, W. Isaac, S. Varshney, E. Khan, An IoT based system for remote monitoring of soil characteristics, in 2016 International Conference on Information Technology (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.A. Byishimo, A.A. Garba, Designing a Farmer Interface for Smart Irrigation in Developing Countries (ACM, 2016)Google Scholar
- 4.N. Sales, O. Remdios, A. Arsenio, Wireless Sensor and Actuator System for Smart Irrigation on the Cloud (IEEE, 2015)Google Scholar
- 5.S. Saseendran, V. Nithya, Automated water usage monitoring system, in International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, India, 6–8 Apr 2016Google Scholar
- 6.D.T. Ale, E.O. Ogunti, O. Daniela, Development of a smart irrigation system. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Invest. 4(45) (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.P. Rajalakshmi, S. Devi Mahalakshmi, IOT Based Crop-Field Monitoring and Irrigation Automation (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.D.K. Sreekantha, A.M. Kavya, Agricultural crop monitoring using IOT—a study, in 2017 11th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO) (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.A. Giri, S. Dutta, S. Neogy, Enabling agricultural automation to optimize utilization of water, fertilizer and insecticides by implementing Internet of Things (IoT), in 2016 International Conference on Information Technology (InCITe) (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.R.K. Kodali, V. Jain, S. Bose, L. Boppana, IoT based smart security and home automation system, in International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA 2016) (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.R.K. Kodali, B.S. Sarjerao, A low cost smart irrigation system using MQTT protocol, in 2017 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP) (2017)Google Scholar