Effectiveness of Prevailing Anti-corruption Strategies
Corruption vulnerabilities in the public construction sector have raised in various countries around the world, particularly in those developing ones, which are caused by continual economic growth and rapid urbanization worldwide.
- Ashforth, B. E., & Anand, V. (2003) The normalization of corruption in organizations. In Research in organizational behavior (Vol. 25, pp. 1–52).Google Scholar
- Boehm, F., & Nell, M. (2007). Anti-corruption training and education. U4 Brief, 2007(13).Google Scholar
- Boyd, J. M., & Padilla, J. D. (2009). FIDIC and integrity: A status report. Leadership and Management in Engineering, 9(3), 125–128. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1532-6748(2009)9:3(125).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Cendrowski, H., Martin, J. P., & Petro, L. W. (2015). The handbook of fraud deterrence.Google Scholar
- Chan, A. P. C., Lam, P. T. I., Chan, D. W. M., Cheung, E., & Ke, Y. (2010). Critical success factors for PPPs in infrastructure developments: Chinese perspective. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 136(5), 484–494. https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)co.1943-7862.0000152.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- De Jong, M., Henry, W. P., & Stansbury, N. (2009). Eliminating corruption in our engineering/construction industry. Leadership and Management in Engineering, 9(3), 105–111. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1532-6748(2009)9:3(105).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., Anderson, R. E., & Tatham, R. L. (2010). Multivariate data analysis. New Jersey, Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- Henseler, J., Ringle, C. M., & Sinkovics, R. R. (2009) The use of partial least squares path modeling in international marketing. In Advances in international marketing (Vol. 20, pp. 277–319).Google Scholar
- Hsueh, P.-R., Graybill, J. R., Playford, E. G., Watcharananan, S. P., Oh, M.-D., Ja’alam, K., … Padiglione, A. A. (2009). Consensus statement on the management of invasive candidiasis in Intensive Care Units in the Asia-Pacific Region. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, 34(3), 205–209. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2009.03.014.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Huberts, L. W. J. C., Kaptein, M., & Lasthuizen, K. (2007). A study of the impact of three leadership styles on integrity violations committed by police officers. Policing-an International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, 30(4), 587–607. https://doi.org/10.1108/13639510710833884.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Johannsen, L., & Pedersen, K. H. (2012). How to combat corruption: Assessing anti-corruption measures from a civil servant’s perspective. Halduskultuur, 13(2), 130–146.Google Scholar
- Klitgaard, R. E., & Klitgaard, R. (1988). Controlling corruption.: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- Le, Y., Shan, M., Chan, A. P., & Hu, Y. (2014a). Investigating the causal relationships between causes of and vulnerabilities to corruption in the Chinese public construction sector. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 140(9), 05014007.Google Scholar
- Le, Y., Shan, M., Chan, A. P. C., & Hu, Y. (2014b). Overview of corruption research in construction. Journal of management in engineering, 30(4), 02514001. https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)me.1943-5479.0000300.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Legal Weekly, L. (2014). Officials talk about the prohibitions: Rules and regulations become more detailed, and it is more difficult to be a civil servant. Retrieved from http://business.sohu.com/20140102/n392791836.shtml.
- Mohamed, S. (2002). Safety climate in construction site environments. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management-Asce, 128(5), 375–384. https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)0733-9364(2002)128:5(375).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- National Bureau of Statistics of China, N. (2012). China statistical yearbook, 2012. Retrieved from http://www.stats.gov.cn/tjsj/ndsj/2012/indexch.htm.
- Ning, Y., & Ling, F. Y. Y. (2013). Reducing hindrances to adoption of relational behaviors in public construction projects. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 139(11). https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)co.1943-7862.0000745.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Norušis, M. J. (2008). SPSS 16.0 advanced statistical procedures companion. New Jersey: Prentice Hall Higher Education.Google Scholar
- Ofori, G. (2000). Challenges of construction industries in developing countries: Lessons from various countries. In Proceedings of 2nd International Conference of CIB Task Group 29: Challenges Facing the Construction Industry in Developing Countries.Google Scholar
- People Net, P. (2010). The interpretation of issues that are applicable to the Disciplinary Regulations of the Chinese Communist Party, due to the illegal interference on construction projects by leader members of the Party. Retrieved from http://politics.people.com.cn/GB/1026/11636326.html.
- People’s Liberation Army Daily, P. (2003). Boosting construction of integrity: Megaprojects are enrolled in the investigation list against corruption. Retrieved from http://news.ifeng.com/mainland/detail_2013_08/09/28429689_0.shtml.
- Smith, J. H. (2009). The global anticorruption education and training project. Leadership and Management in Engineering, 9(3), 139–143. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1532-6748(2009)9:3(139).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sohail, M., & Cavill, S. (2008). Accountability to prevent corruption in construction projects. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management-Asce, 134(9), 729–738. https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)0733-9364(2008)134:9(729).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- The State Council of P.R. China, T. (2011). Implementing regulations of the Law of Bidding of People’s Republic of China. Retrieved from http://www.gov.cn/zwgk/2011-12/29/content_2033184.htm.
- Transparency International, T. (2002). Bribe payers index 2002. Retrieved from https://www.transparency.org/research/bpi/bpi_2002/0.
- Transparency International, T. (2006). Bribe payers index 2006. Retrieved from https://www.transparency.org/research/bpi/bpi_2006/0.
- Transparency International, T. (2008). Bribe payers index 2008. Retrieved from https://www.transparency.org/research/bpi/bpi_2008/0.
- Transparency International, T. (2011). Bribe payers index 2011. Retrieved from https://www.transparency.org/research/bpi/bpi_2011/0.
- Xinhua Net, X. (2009). The announcement of a campaign against the negative problems in the construction sector of China. Retrieved from http://news.xinhuanet.com/politics/2009-08/19/content_11912737.htm.
- Xinhua Net, X. (2011). Mosre efforts will be imposed on the investigation of corruption in public construction sector in China. Retrieved from http://news.xinhuanet.com/legal/2011-05/17/c_121426891.htm.
- Xinhua Net, X. (2014). Irregularities in biddings of three gorges project: Nepotism, and waste of public money. Retrieved from http://news.xinhuanet.com/finance/2014-02/19/c_126159860.htm.
- Zhao, X., Hwang, B.-G., & Low, S. P. (2013a). Developing fuzzy enterprise risk management maturity model for construction firms. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 139(9), 1179–1189. https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)co.1943-7862.0000712.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zhao, X., Hwang, B. G., & Low, S. P. (2014). Investigating enterprise risk management maturity in construction firms. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 140(8). https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)co.1943-7862.0000873.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zou, P. X. W. (2006). Strategies for minimizing corruption in the construction industry in China. Journal of Construction in Developing Countries, 11(2), 15–29.Google Scholar
© Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020