Generalized Linear Phase Conditions for Causal FIR Systems Revisited
It is well known that a causal FIR system has generalized linear phase when its impulse response is either symmetric or antisymmetric. Most textbooks demonstrate the sufficiency of these conditions; that they are also necessary has been dealt with by only a few authors. In this chapter, we give a critical review of these methods, including a recent one, proposed by the author, which is based on a different way of looking at the problem.
KeywordsDigital signal processing FIR systems Generalized linear phase Linear phase conditions
- 1.L.R. Rabiner, B. Gold, Theory and Applications of Digital Signal Processing, (Englewood Cliffs: New Jersey, 1975)Google Scholar
- 2.T.J. Cavicchi, Digital Signal Processing (Wiley, New York, 2000)Google Scholar
- 3.S.K. Mitra, Digital Signal Processing—A Computer Based Approach (McGraw Hill, New York, 2011)Google Scholar
- 4.B. Porat, A Course in Digital Signal Processing (Wiley, New York, 1997)Google Scholar
- 9.A. Tripathi, The Spirit of the Nagas (Westland Ltd., Chennai, 2012)Google Scholar