Comparative Analysis of Air-Cooled Precision Air Conditioners and Water-Cooled Precision Air Conditioners
- 240 Downloads
This paper compares air-cooled and water-cooled precision air conditioners used in computer rooms from six aspects: energy-saving measures that can be adopted, system safety, system investment, system operation and maintenance, load change adaptability, and system energy efficiency. Results showed that the air-cooled precision air-conditioning system has excellent performance in terms of safety, initial investment, operation and maintenance requirements, adaptability to load changes, and energy efficiency compared to water-cooled precision air-conditioning systems; air-cooled precision air conditioners cannot adopt integrated energy efficiency measures for cogeneration. This paper offers a reference for the selection of precision air conditioners for data centers.
KeywordsData centers Air-cooled precision air conditioners Water-cooled precision air conditioners Energy efficiency
Thanks to the financial support and project resources provided by Hebei Bestech Company.
- 1.Xing, J.: Design of HVAC system in a data center computer room of a bank. Refrig. Air Conditioning 32(3), 286–289 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang, Q., et al.: Data Center Energy Saving Technology and Application, p. 1. Mechanical Industry Press, Beijing (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Du, G.: Application Analysis of Fluor Pump Natural Cooling System in Small and Medium Data Centers, pp. 2–9. China Electronics Society, Beijing (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Xia, C., et al.: Air conditioning system design and operation mode using natural cooling technology in a data center in Inner Mongolia. HV&AC 43(10), 18–22 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, B.: Comparison and Analysis of Data Center Application Air-Cooled Systems and Chilled Water Systems. https://wenku.baidu.com/view/324c175b3b3567ec102d8a0b.html?from=search (2012)
- 6.Wang, J.: Prospects for comprehensive utilization of natural gas cold and heat and electricity. China Electric Power News (2012)Google Scholar