Research and Accuracy Analysis on Engineering Quantity Calculation of a Projected Building by BIM Software
- 240 Downloads
Engineering quantity calculation is the premise and foundation of cost control in architectural engineering. However, the traditional calculation method of engineering quantity way by manual method is inefficient and with low precision. The calculation is faster and more accurate if Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology is applied. In this paper, the development and histories of BIM applications in engineering cost management are introduced. Based on the data of an actual building, a simulation model is established by BIM software. The engineering quantities are calculated, and then, the results of the traditional manual calculation method of engineering quantity and calculation method of BIM are compared and analyzed. The data with a relative error of more than 10% is listed, and the reason for the relative error is conducted. It is concluded that the rules of BIM calculation and manual calculation are different, causing BIM method not accurate enough for some nodes. The suggested method is that BIM method is firstly applied for the total engineering quantity calculation, and then, the manual method is proposed to check the accuracy in some key nodes.
KeywordsBIM Engineering cost Manual engineering quantity calculation BIM engineering quantity calculation Relative error
The project is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51806096) and the Natural Science Foundation of the Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions of China (Grant No. 18KJB560007).
- 1.Zhou, J.L., Wu, Y.X., Yan, X.F.: The development of American BIM technology and its enlightenment to the transformation and upgrading of China’s construction industry. Sci. Technol. Prog. Policy 31(11), 30–33 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhao, Q.: Application status and development countermeasures of BIM-based engineering cost calculation software. Tendering and Bidding 6(07), 52–55 (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, R., Xu, Y.: A review of the application of BIM in engineering cost. Proj. Manag. Technol. 12(07), 34–37 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Yue, W., Hong, Y., Jin, B.: Analysis of BIM technology development and assembly building application. Constr. Des. Eng. S1, 32–33 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhu, Z.: Development and promotion of BIM in China. Sci. Technol. Innov. 32, 244 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, H.: Research on BIM promotion project cost management development. J. Beijing Univ. Civ. Eng. Archit. (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, J.P., Li, D., Lin, J.R., Yan, G.W.: Application of BIM in engineering construction. Constr. Technol. 41(16), 10–17 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Ye, S.: Application of BIM technology in construction engineering cost management. China High-Tech Enterp. 28, 51–53 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Fu, H., Shi, J.Y., Wang, K.: Engineering quantity calculation and pricing method based on BIM. J. Civ. Eng. Manag. 35(01), 138–145 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Tang, Y.: Research on the application of BIM technology in engineering cost management. Green Environ. Protect. Build. Mater. 10, 160–162 (2018)Google Scholar