Experimental Study and Energy-Saving Analysis on Cooling Effect with Large Temperature Difference and High Temperature of Chilled Water System in Data Center
- 212 Downloads
From the perspective of the precision air-conditioning operating condition, the effects of different load powers, different water temperatures of supply-and-return and temperature difference on energy consumption of precision air-conditioning and COP of water chiller were debated in this paper. The experimental results show that when the cooling mode of large temperature difference and high temperature is adopted, a higher water supply temperature and a higher efficiency of the water chiller are obtained. Moreover, the return water temperature is also increased, and the utilization rate of natural cold source can be improved. In order to reduce the energy consumption of the water chiller and increase the COP of the water chiller, natural cold source with gradient utilization can be used, which increased the utilization time of natural cold source. In a word, not only the energy consumption of precision air-conditioning water system but the chiller can be reduced by means of large temperature difference and high temperature.
KeywordsData center Large temperature difference Cooling effect
This work is supported by Science and Technology Planning Project of Guangdong Province, China (No.2017B090907027), Science and Technology Planning Project of Guangzhou, China201705YH091.
- 1.TAO, Y., ZHANG, J., WANG, H.: Cold water large temperature difference combined air conditioning unit research. National HVAC refrigeration Year Academic Corpus, pp. 252–257. China Construction Industry Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, S.: Energy saving analysis of free cooling in chilled water system for data centers. HAVC 2016. 46(5), 80–83 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Lv, J., Wang, T., Zhao, L.: Energy saving analysis of data center air conditioning system based on application of natural cooling technology. J. Refrig. 37(3), 113–118 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Dong, X.: Research of reducing energy consumption of air conditioning chilled water system. Donghua University (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, K., Ren, J., Zhang, J.: Energy consumption analysis of refrigeration system with large temperature difference in cooling water. J. Refrig. 39(5), 129–134 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, S., Qu, G., Huang, W.: Application of large temperature difference technique of air conditioning chilled water to engineering. HAVC 42(6), 20–23 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Fan, J.: Discussion on energy-saving design of large temperature difference air conditioning water system. In: Proceedings of the 7th national technical exchange conference on building environment and energy application. Building environment and energy application branch of China survey and design association pp. 3. HAVC magazine (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Mao, L.: Design and application of a new type of air conditioning system with large temperature difference. Dalian Ocean University (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Duan, Z.: Technical and economic analysis of air-conditioning water system using large temperature difference in temperate regions. Refrig. Air Cond. 28(6), 672–676 (2014)Google Scholar