Numerical Simulation and Optimization of Air–Air Total Heat Exchanger with Plate-Fin
- 195 Downloads
The air-to-air heat exchanger is a fresh air device that can reduce the energy consumption of air conditioners and improve heat exchange efficiency. In this paper, a mathematical model for heat transfer coupling of air film based on user-defined scalar (UDS) is proposed, and the model calculation is realized by Fluent. The comparison with previous experimental results verifies the accuracy of the calculation model. The influence of core channel height on core efficiency and the influence of inflow angle on heat exchanger performance are simulated when the length of counterflow section is changed. Considering the length of the counterflow section and the setting of the fresh air and exhaust air inflow angle, it is recommended that the length of the counterflow section should be set to 400 mm, and the inlet airflow direction of outdoor air and exhaust air is symmetrically set to 135° or 45° with respect to the symmetry axis of the heat exchanger. The channel height should be set above 2.0 mm.
KeywordsThe total heat exchanger The cross-counterflow Inflow angles Core channel
The research was partially supported by the National Science Foundation of Tianjin (17JCTPJC48200).
- 3.Li, H.: Experimental research on heat recovery ventilator of air conditioning system. Refrig. Air Conditioning 32(5), 560–562 (2018). (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 7.Nasifa, M., Al-Wakedc, R., et al.: Heat exchanger in HVAC energy recovery systems, systems energy analysis. Energy Build. 42(10), 1833–1840Google Scholar
- 8.Wu, W.: Study on heat exchange performance of air-to-air plate heat exchange ventilator. Harbin Institute of Technology 34–36 (2009). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, Y.W., Li, Z.H.: Influence of inlet air flow direction to the performance of the quasi-counter flow total heat exchanger. Build. Energy Effic. 40(1), 14–17 (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Fluent Inc. Fluent UDF manual. Lebanon: Fluent Inc (2012)Google Scholar