Experimental Study of Purification Performance of PM2.5 by Air Filters at Different Grades
- 203 Downloads
In this paper, the filtration performance of PM2.5 of eleven kinds of different grades filters commonly used in the Chinese market was tested by experiments for atmospheric dust. The results showed that the arrestance and resistance of PM2.5 at different grades were different. When the filtration velocity of C1–C4 coarse filters were around 1.9 m/s, the arrestance of the filters reached the maximum, and the maximum value of the filtration velocity was less than the range of 2.0–2.5 m/s which was given by the standard. When the filtration velocity was about 0.7 m/s, the arrestance of Z1 medium efficiency filter reached the maximum. For the Z2, GZ1–GZ3, YG1–YG2 grades filters, the smaller the filtration velocity was, the higher the filtering efficiency had. The resistance curve of the filters showed a rising arc, and the relationship between filtration velocity, filtration efficiency, and resistance was analyzed. The filtration efficiency of PM2.5 at various grades of filters and the corresponding filtration efficiency were plotted. The resistance range map provided references for the selection of filters.
KeywordsPM2.5 Air filters Filtration performance Evaluation
The project is supported by the National Key R&D Program of China (2016YFC0700503), and the Special Research Project of Shaanxi Provincial Department of Education (17JK0467).
- 5.Abdolghader, P., Brochot, C., Haghighat, F., et al.: Airborne nanoparticles filtration performance of fibrous media: a review. Sci. Technol. Built Environ., 1–25 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, L.: Study of the filter efficiency for controlling indoor particulate matter in air-conditioning buildings. Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology, Xi’an (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Z., Xu, Z., Li, J.: Evaluation of aerosols counter method for efficiency of air filter. HV&AC 42(1), 8–11 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Huang, H.: Experimental study on the grading performance of PM2.5 purification materials and filters. South China University of Technology, Guangzhou (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.An, M.: The Construction and optimization of purifying performance evaluation system of air filter materials. Hebei University of Science and Technology, Shijiazhuang (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhu, H.: A study of filtration material’s purifying performance to particles in environment by experiment. Donghua University, Shanghai (2005)Google Scholar