IoT Based Management System for Livestock Farming
Management system for livestock farming is very complex system in general and thus is strictly influenced by several constrain such as climate, weather, and livestock conditions, and so on. Livestock managers (Farmers) try to optimize utilization of agricultural resources to obtain good product having both quality and quantity. Particularly, various environmental IoT sensors are being used to substitute the areas that are difficult for people to do directly. Although the Korea livestock industry is becoming larger in scale and systematic, it is still receiving damages from various diseases and difficulty in maintaining growth and development environment. To reduce such damages, this paper proposes an IoT based management system for collecting environmental information for real-time monitoring by using various environmental IoT sensors. The proposed system allows manager to easily monitor via PC and smart devices by deviating from the existing manual method of directly checking growth and development environment. In addition, it has been enhanced to extend the life of IoT sensors through the method of efficiently collecting energy data for extending the slip time of IoT node while minimizing routing path.
KeywordsIoT Livestock Management system Routing
This research was supported by the MSIT (Ministry of Science and ICT), Korea, under the ITRC (Information Technology Research Center) support program (IITP-2018-2013-1-00877) supervised by the IITP (Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion).
- 1.Lee, M., Kim, H., Yoe, H.: Intelligent environment management system for controlled horticulture. In: 2017 4th NAFOSTED Conference on Information and Computer Science, Hanoi, pp. 116–119 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Jeong, H., Lee, M., Yoe, H.: An environment monitoring system for livestock barn based on energy efficient wireless sensor network. Asian Int. J. Life Sci. (Supplement 11), 679–692 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhihui, H.: Research on WSN routing algorithm based on energy efficiency. In: 2015 Sixth International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Engineering Applications (ISDEA), Guiyang, pp. 696–699 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Singh, K.: WSN LEACH based protocols: a structural analysis. In: 2015 International Conference and Workshop on Computing and Communication (IEMCON), Vancouver, BC, pp. 1–7 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Sumitha, D.H., Kumar, M.V., Priya, M., Mangai, M.A.: Energy optimizion in leach algorithms using NS2. In: 2014 International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS), Coimbatore, pp. 1–3 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Pawar, S., Kasliwal, P.: Design and evaluation of En-LEACH routing protocol for wireless sensor network. In: 2012 International Conference on Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery, Sanya, pp. 489–492 (2012)Google Scholar