Design and Development of Ground Truth Collection Platform Using Android and Leaflet Library
Traditionally, the earth surface features were collected by field visit for collecting the details of earth surface features with coordinates. However, the conventional method is slow tedious and costly. Recently, smartphone applications are providing the details of locations including latitude, longitude which is basically used for ground truth data collection for Remote Sensing (RS) applications. Nevertheless, there are limitations found in existing system as they do not provide offline and online mode, location data management, and visualization into the single system. The objective of our research was thus to overcome the limitations in the existing ground truth collection system by exploring a novel solution that will be based on Smartphone, Cloud server, and WebGIS platform. Consequently, an android application and web-based tool is developed for ground truth data collection and its management. The present research reports, the novel solution for collecting the real-time ground truth and mapping feature for RS research.
KeywordsLeaflet Real-time ground truth Android Geospatial survey Mapping
The authors would like to acknowledge and thanks to UGC, India for granting UGC SAP (II) DRS Phase-I & Phase-II F. No. 3-42/2009 &4-15/2015/DRS-II for Laboratory facility to Dept. of CS & IT, Dr. BAM University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India and financial assistance under UGC BSR Fellowship for this work.
- 6.Neene, V., Kabemba, M.: Development of a mobile GIS property mapping application using mobile cloud computing. (IJACSA) Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. 8(10) (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Learn It Team, Simple GPS Survey app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.justbtech.app.simplegpssurvey. Accessed 10 Aug 2018
- 13.Digrasoft UG, My GPS Location app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digrasoft.mygpslocation. Accessed 10 Aug 2018
- 15.Wang, L., Pi, R., Zhou, X., Zhou, H.: The construction of off-line map based on OpenStreetMap and leaflet. In: 4th International Conference on Computer, Mechatronics, Control and Electronic Engineering, (ICCMCEE) (2015)Google Scholar
- 17.Open Geospatial Consortium. www.opengeospatial.org/standards. Accessed 7 July 2018s
- 20.HTTPD - Apache2 Web Server. https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/httpd.html. Accessed 1 July 2018
- 21.Apache HTTP Server Project. https://httpd.apache.org/. Accessed 1 July 2018