Simulation and Analysis of Sun Illumination on a Satellite
A mathematical and emulational model of the solar illumination obtained from a satellite is proposed. First, the sunlight received on the surface of the satellite is analyzed. Second, three models are essential for simulation: the satellite model, the orbit model, and the solar energy model. The satellite model is a kind of simplified satellites, which is constructed to provide the corresponding geometry. To be precise, the orbit model is a sun-synchronous orbit. The solar energy model is suitable for most satellite models and orbit models. Third, the time of illumination and the value of the solar vector in the satellite coordinate system are substituted into the solar energy model. Last, data maps of the satellite’s solar energy are generated. After a large number of experiments, the effect of the theory has met the application requirements.
KeywordsSolar energy Solar illumination Sun-synchronous orbit satellite
This work is supported by the National Nature Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61501016 and the open project of the State Key Laboratory of Intense Pulsed Radiation Simulation and Effect under Grant No. SKLIPR1713.
- 1.Liu X, Chao J, He N (2011) Study on the illumination simulation method for visual simulation of the space flight training simulator. J Astronautics 32:2622–2627Google Scholar
- 2.Xiang S, Zhang T (2007) Calculation of solar direct radiation on the satellite external surface using STK. Infrared Technol 29:508–511Google Scholar
- 3.Chen G, Zhang Z, Liao Y (2012) Modeling and simulation analysis of solar illumination angle on spacecraft solar wing in-orbit. Spacecraft Engineering 21:37–42Google Scholar
- 4.Wang J, Li M (2018) Satellite analysis of sun-synchronous orbit. Technol Innov Appl 22:26–27Google Scholar
- 5.Dai G, Liu Q (2011) Modeling and simulation of the Near—earth space scene. Comput Simul 28:26–30Google Scholar