Developing Direction of Air Defense Electron-Magnetic Gun Based on Demand of Countering Air and Missile Threat
With the change of air strike combat mode, appearance of new threat and the demand of the important ground protection targets toward countering air and missile threat combat objectives of air defense equipments are deeply changing, so all kinds of tactic indexes and developing trends of air defense equipment are subsequently changing. As a newly typed weapon developed importantly at home and in foreign countries air defense electromagnetic gun takes on some unique advantages such as stronger kinetic energy of gun muzzle, fasting initial velocity of projectile and feasible firing control; based on combat demand toward countering air and missile threat, focusing on the main combat objective of electromagnetic gun, the essay analyzes all kinds of defense performance of objectives and attacking specialty, predicts developing trend of electromagnetic gun, and provides theoretical reference toward development of troops weapons and equipment.
KeywordsCountering air and missile threat Combat objective Air defense Electron-magnetic gun Developing direction
Compliance with Ethical Standards
The study was approved by the Logistics Department for Civilian Ethics Committee of Artillery and Air Defense Forces Academy (Zhengzhou Campus).
All subjects who participated in the experiment were provided with and signed an informed consent form.
All relevant ethical safeguards have been met with regard to subject protection.
- 1.Li J, Li S, Gao L (2014) Research on military demand of air defense electromagnetic gun and its damage ability. In: Symposium on equipment and technological development on countering air and missile threat combat system, pp 878–881Google Scholar
- 2.Cao Y (2006) Foundation of new concept weapons. Ordnance Industry PressGoogle Scholar
- 3.Cao Y (translation) (2006) Science and technology of electro-magnetic orbit gun. Ordnance Industry PressGoogle Scholar
- 4.Wang B (2014) Research on army countering air and missile threat. Liberation Army PressGoogle Scholar
- 5.Qiao Z, Bai J (2014) Combat Research on army countering air and missile threat. Haichao PressGoogle Scholar