Effect of Prop in Cantilever Thick Beam Using Trigonometric Shear Deformation Theory
Many researchers have carried out the analysis for regular boundary conditions like simply supported, fixed and cantilever. An attempt has been made to compare the effect of deflection in cantilever and propped cantilever beam as it is more important in case of cantilever beams. As many parts of spacecraft, airplane are made up of aluminum which is also thick in nature, we have considered the thick beam and material as aluminum. As the effect of warping is more pronounced in case of thick beam and which is neglected in el-ementary theory of beam, the refined shear deformation theories are used for validation. Theory includes the sinusoidal function in terms of thickness coor-dinate for consideration of shear deformation effects. The theory fulfilled the condition of zero shear stresses on the top and bottom of the beam. To prove the results of the theory, the transverse deflection is carried out for thick aluminum beams, loading considered as varying load for both the cases.
KeywordsCantilever Propped cantilever Thick beam Trigonometric shear de-formation
- 1.Ghugal, Y.M., Dahake, A.G.: Flexure of simply supported thick beams using refined shear deformation theory. Int. J. Civil Environ. Struct. Constr. Archit. Eng. 7(1), 99–108 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Ghadiri, M., Shafiei, N., Alavi, H.: Thermo-mechanical vibration of ortho-tropic cantilever and propped cantilever nanoplate using generalized differential quadrature method. Mech. Adv. Mater. Struct. 24(8), 639–646 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Hao, Y.X., Zhang, W.: Nonlinear vibration of the cantilever FGM plate based on the third-order shear deformation plate theory, pp. 522–527 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3452226
- 6.Reshmi, R., Indu, V.S.: Crack detection of propped cantilever beam using dynamic analysis. Int. J. Tech. Res. Appl. 3(4) 274–278 (2015). www.ijtra.com, e-ISSN 2320-8163
- 9.Properties of Aluminum 6061-T6, 6061-T651. http://www.aerospacemetals.com