FEM for Modeling and Analysis of Retreaded Tire with Abaqus Software
FEM is used for modeling and analysis of retreaded tire in various working conditions. In this paper 2D axisymmetric geometric tire model is developed with all its components, carcass, plies, belts, bead, cushion gum, tread in Auto cad. These sketches are imported in ABAQUS (sat file). Separate part for cushion gum (cured) is made. Neo Hoookean model is used for Hyper elastic rubber. Rim is modeled as analytical rigid surface. First 2D axisymmetric tire model and then full 2D model is developed. Finally 3D model is developed by symmetric model generation and symmetric result transfer option. Analysis of rim mounting, tire inflation and static loading of retreaded tire model is studied.
Comparison is done between experimental and simulated deformation up to 12 mm at inflation pressure of 0.241 MPa on horizontal surface. It is found that simulated tire is stiffer than actual tire.
KeywordsAxisymmetric Neo Hookean Rim mounting Inflation Cushion gum
Research project is assisted by IRMRA (Indian Rubber Manufacturers Association) Thane Mumbai.
- 1.Kennedy, R.H., Terziyski, J.M.: Experiences with Embedded Elements in Tire Modeling. Hankook Tire Co. Akron Technical Center (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Moisescu, A.R.: Investigation of the influence of vertical force on the contact between truck tire and road using finite element analyses (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, S., Kim, K.: Nonlinear material modeling of a truck tire, pavement, and its effect on contact stresses. In: Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Engineering Technical Conference and Computers and Information in Engineering (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Gent, A.N.: Engineering with Rubber How to Design Rubber Components. A455.R8E54 2012,620.1’94–dc23 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, K.: Nonlinear material modeling of truck tire pavement and its effect on contact stresses. Conference Paper (2012). https://doi.org/10.115/detc2012-70664. PublishedGoogle Scholar
- 6.Tire analysis with Abaqus-fundamental, by Dassault Systems. India Private LimitedGoogle Scholar
- 7.Moisescu, R., Fratila, G.: Finite element model of radial truck tire for analysis of tire-road contact stress. UPB Sci. Bull. Ser. D 73(3) (2011). ISSN 1454-2358Google Scholar
- 8.Modeling of rubber and viscoelasticity with Abaqus-2017 by Dassault Systems India Private LimitedGoogle Scholar