Complexity and Emergence: A New Paradigm for Economic Modeling
Just a little more than one decade back, we have witnessed the biggest economic and financial crisis that is known as the great recession. This was a once in a lifetime event that led to an abrupt awakening to the academic, corporate, and the policy world alike.
- Bernanke BS, Gertler M, Gilchrist S (1999) The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework. In: Handbook of macroeconomics, vol 1, pp 1341–1393Google Scholar
- Carroll CD (2001) Death to the log-linearized consumption euler equation!(and very poor health to the second-order approximation). Adv Macroecon 1(1)Google Scholar
- Friedman M (1953) The methodology of positive economicsGoogle Scholar
- Kirman A (2017) The economy as a complex system. In: Economic foundations for social complexity science, pp 1–16. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Trichet J-C (2010). Reflections on the nature of monetary policy non-standard measures and finance theory. Opening address at the ECB Central Banking Conference, Frankfurt, 18 November 2010. Accessed 28 July 2018Google Scholar