Finite Element Analysis of Profiled Deck Composite Slab Using ANSYS
Profiled deck composite slab is very common to use in construction, and the full-scale laboratory test on profiled deck composite slab is very expensive and time-consuming. This paper describes a finite element analysis of profiled deck composite slab using ANSYS. The main objective is to understand the deflection as well as slip characteristics of composite slab. For this study, simply supported slab is considered with variation of three parameters: the type of profiled deck sheet, concrete depth, and thickness of sheet. It has been observed that concrete depth and type of profiled deck sheet play a major role in load carrying capacity.
KeywordsComposite slab ANSYS Finite element analysis Deflection Slip
The authors want to thank Mr. Ashish Shete, Prescient Informatics Pvt. Ltd. Colhapur for their kind collaboration.
- 1.Porter ML, Ekberg Jr CE (1971) Investigation of cold-formed steel-deck-reinforced concrete floor slabs. Scholars’ MineGoogle Scholar
- 2.Johnson RP (2004) Composite structures of steel and concreteGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ordija JL (2006) Structural performance of fiber-reinforced and welded wire fabric-reinforced concrete composite slabsGoogle Scholar
- 4.Evans HR, Wright HD (1998) Steel-concrete composite structures. In: Narayanan R (ed). Elsevier Applied Science PublishersGoogle Scholar
- 8.Baskar R (2012) Experimental and numerical studies on composite deck slabs. Int J Eng Technol 2:1116–1125Google Scholar
- 9.Abdullah R (2004) Experimental evaluation and analytical modeling of shear bond in composite slabsGoogle Scholar
- 11.Attarde S (2014) Nonlinear finite element analysis of profiled steel deck composite slab systemGoogle Scholar