Influence of Silpozz on the Properties of Self-Compacting Recycled Aggregate Concrete
This paper focuses on an experimental investigational work of raw (fresh) properties and hardened properties (HP) of self-compacting concrete (SCC) containing recycled coarse aggregate (RCA) and silpozz. In SCC mix, natural coarse aggregate (NCA) has been replaced with RCA by 0, 10 and 20%, also the cement has been replaced with silpozz by 10% of its weight. To know the raw properties of SCC, the slump cone, T500, J-ring, V-funnel, L-box and U-box tests are carried out, whereas for HP of SCC, the compressive strength (CS) test, flexural strength (FS) test and split tensile strength (STS) tests are carried out. The M30 grade concrete is designed for this investigational work. The fine aggregate (FA) quantity increases to 35% and coarse aggregate (CA) quantity decreases to 35% with water–cement ratio (w/c) 0.43 and superplasticizer (SP) of 0.35 and 0.5%. An attempt has been taken to identify the potential use of RCA with silpozz and necessity of the raw and hardened properties for the design SCC mix.
KeywordsNatural coarse aggregate (NCA) Recycled coarse aggregate (RCA) Silpozz Superplasticizer (SP) Self-compacting concrete (SCC) Workability
- 1.Wilmot T, Vorobieff G (1997) Is road recycling a good community policy? In: 9th National local government engineering conference, 29 AugGoogle Scholar
- 3.Lin Y-H, Tyan Y-Y, Chang T-P, Chang C-Y (2003) An assessment of optimal mixture for concrete made with recycled concrete aggregatesGoogle Scholar
- 7.IS: 383 (1970) Specification for coarse and fine aggregates from natural sources for concrete (second revision). New Delhi: Bureau of Indian StandardsGoogle Scholar
- 8.EFNARC (2005) The European guidelines for self-compacting concrete specification, production and useGoogle Scholar
- 9.EFNARC (2002) Specification and guidelines for self-compacting concrete. EFNARC, Association House, 99 West Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7EN, UKGoogle Scholar