Numerical Solutions on Boundary Layer of Casson Micropolar Fluid Over a Stretching Surface
This paper aims to discuss the numerical solutions on the problem of Casson Micropolar fluid moving over a stretching sheet. The boundary layer and Boussinesq approximation has been consider in the formulation on the respective fluid model. The mathematical model of the fluid is first transform into a set of ordinary differential equation using similarity transformation before the computation process is carried out via Bvp4c method which embedded in Matlab program. The comparison results between present computation and previous published output show a strong agreement in the limiting case where the present model is revert back as previous model by setting some dimensionless parameters into constant values. The present result in term of velocity, temperature as well as angular velocity of the fluid is presented graphically.
KeywordsBoundary layer Numerical solution Casson micropolar fluid Stretching surface
The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support received from Universiti Malaysia Pahang for (PGRS170397, RDU 160330, & RDU 170328).
- 1.Kasim, A.R.M., Mohammad, N.F., Anwar, I., Shafie, S.: MHD effect on convective bound-ary layer flow of a viscoelastic fluid embedded in porous medium with Newtonian heating. Recent Adv. Math. 4, 182–189 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Kasim, A.R.M., Mohammad, N.F., Shafie, S.: Effect of heat generation on free convection boundary layer flow of a viscoelastic fluid past a horizontal circular cylinder with constant surface heat flux. In: 5th International Conference on Research and Education in Mathematics (ICREM5), Bandung, Indonesia, vol. 1450, pp. 286–292 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4724156
- 3.Aurangzaib, Kasim, A.R.M., Mohammad, N.F., Shafie, S.: Unsteady MHD mixed convec-tion flow with heat and mass transfer over a vertical plate in a micropolar fluid-saturated po-rous medium. J. Appl. Sci. Eng. 2, 141–150 (2013). https://doi.org/10.6180/jase.2013.16.2.05
- 4.Kasim, A.R.M., Jiann, L.Y., Shafie, S., Ali, A.: The effects of heat generation or absorption on MHD stagnation point of jeffrey fluid. In: Proceedings of the 21st National Symposium on Mathematical Sciences (SKSM21), vol. 1605, pp. 404–409. AIP Publishing (2014). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4887623
- 5.Zokri, S.M., Arifin, N.S., Mohamed, M.K.A., Salleh, M.Z., Kasim, A.R.M., Mohammad, N.F.: Numerical solutions on mixed convection boundary layer and heat transfer of jeffrey fluid over a horizontal circular cylinder by using keller-box method. In: National Conference for Postgradute Research (NCON-PGR) 2016, pp. 913–926 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.El-Dabe, N.T., Ghaly, A.Y., Rizkallah, R.R., Ewis, K.M., Al-Bareda, A.S.: Numerical solution of MHD boundary layer flow of non-newtonian casson fluid on a moving wedge with heat and mass transfer and induced magnetic field. J. Appl. Math. Phys. 3, 649–663 (2015). https://doi.org/10.4236/jamp.2015.36078CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Hussanan, A., Salleh, M.Z., Khan, I.: Effects of newtonian heating and inclined magnetic field on two dimensional flow of a casson fluid over a stretching sheet. In: 5th World Con-ference on Applied Sciences, Engineering & Technology, pp 251–255 (2016)Google Scholar