Bangladesh-India Relations: Transitions at the Core
Investigating Bangladesh-India bilateral relations is typically a study of romance, translated through practical action and various joint initiatives. Yet, nuances sprouting along that spectrum seem set to leave a shorter leash for compromise: Bangladesh does not enjoy the same weight in Indian foreign policy as China and Pakistan do, and showcasing its importance, progress, and potential to India does not always extract maximum mileage. River water sharing and domestic political dynamics, which challenge that relationship, do not receive enough attention. Opportunities to further strengthen bilateral ties, exploit untapped potentials, and cultivate more mutual understanding, respect, and reciprocity cannot be taken for granted in an atmosphere of intensifying regional competition in which China and Pakistan rattle the Bangladesh-India harmony.
- Ashab Uddin, M. 2018. General Osmany and the military strategy of 1971. The New Nation, September 6. From: http://m.thedailynewnation.com/news/187125/general-osmany-and-military-strategy-of-1971. Last consulted September 6, 2018. Daily newspaper in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh-India Relations. Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.Google Scholar
- Bangladesh wins maritime dispute with India. The Hindu, July 9, 2014.Google Scholar
- India and Bangladesh Sign 22 Agreements, discuss water sharing. Wire, April 9, 2017.Google Scholar
- Indian visa rules for Bangladeshis relaxed further. From: www.bdnews24.com, March 7, 2017.
- Kashem, Md. Abul. 2016. Recent Issues in Bangladesh–India Relations: A Bangladeshi Prospective. Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.Google Scholar
- Kumara, Sarath. 2017. India strengthens defence ties with Bangladesh. From: World Socialist Web Site (www.wsws.org), 18 April.
- Kummar Roy, Jayant, & Muntassir Mamun. 2011. India-Bangladesh Relations Current Perspectives. New Delhi: K.W. Publishers, Pvt., Ltd.Google Scholar
- Sing Maini, Tridivesh. 2015. India-Bangladesh Relations: The Bigger Picture: As Indian PM Modi readies for a Bangladesh visit, what will be on the agenda? The Diplomat, June 5.Google Scholar