Looking Forward: Next Steps for Teacher Adaptive Practice Research
This book has examined the relationship between some of the personal, environmental and behavioural determinants of adaptive teaching. It found that there is a strong relationship between the personal and environmental determinants tested in this study. The relationship between these determinants and the behavioural determinant of teacher adaptive practices was moderate. The future directions for research into a model of adaptive teaching will investigate the relationship between existing and new personal and behavioural determinants. Future refinements in the methodologies adopted for these studies are examined in the last part of this chapter.
KeywordsTeacher Adaptive Practices Adaptive Teaching Creative and Critical Thinking
- AERA APA & NCME. (2014). Standards for educational and psychological testing. Washington D.C.: AERA.Google Scholar
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. (2012). Student perception surveys and their implementation. Retrieved from www.metproject.org.
- Collie, R. J., & Martin, A. J. (2017). Teachers’ sense of adaptability: Examining links with perceived autonomy support, teachers’ psychological functioning, and students’ numeracy achievement. Learning and Individual Differences, 55, 29–39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lindif.2017.03.003.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Curry School of Education University of Virginia. (2018). My teaching partner. Retrieved from https://curry.virginia.edu/myteachingpartner.
- Dweck, C. S. (2006). Mindset. New York: Random House.Google Scholar
- Lucas, B., Claxton, G., & Spencer, E. (2013). Progression in student creativity in schools: First steps towards new forms of formative assessments. OECD: OECD publishing. https://doi.org/10.1787/5k4dp59msdwk-en.
- National Education Association. (2010). Preparing twenty-first century students for a global society: An educator’s guide to the “four Cs.”. Retrieved from http://www.nea.org/assets/docs/A-Guide-to-Four-Cs.pdf.
- Torrance, E. P. (1972). Torrance tests of creative thinking. Bensenville, Ill: Scholastic Testing Service.Google Scholar
- Zhao, Y. (2012). World class learners: Educating creative and entrepreneurial students. Corwin Press.Google Scholar