Decentralized Differential Evolutionary Algorithm for Large-Scale Networked Systems
The optimization of a complex system with multiple subsystems is a tough problem. In this paper, a Decentralized differential evolutionary algorithm (DDEA) is proposed. The simulations for both DDEA and centralized DE on three benchmark functions are carried out. The numerical results show that DDEA is efficient to solve decentralized optimization problems. On these problems, the proposed DDEA outperforms centralized DE in convergence.
KeywordsOptimization Decentralized System Subsystem Differential evolution
This work was supported by National Key Research and Development Project of China (No. 2017YFC0704100 entitled New generation intelligent building platform techniques, and 2016YFB0901900), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61425027), the 111 International Collaboration Program of China under Grant B06002, and Special fund of Suzhou-Tsinghua Innovation Leading Action (Project Number: 2016SZ0202).
- 1.Inalhan, G., Stipanovic, D.M., Tomlin, C.J.: Decentralized optimization, with application to multiple aircraft coordination. In: Decision and Control, 2002, Proceedings of the 41st IEEE Conference, vol. 1, pp. 1147–1155. IEEE (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhuang, L., Chen, X., Guan, X.: A decentralized ordinal optimization for energy saving of an HVAC system. In: American Control Conference (ACC), 2016, pp. 611–616. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Johansson, B.: On distributed optimization in networked systems. Ph.D. Telecommunication (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Price, K., Price, K.: Differential Evolution—A Simple and Efficient Heuristic for Global Optimization over Continuous Spaces. Kluwer Academic Publishers (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Rosenbrock, H.H.: An automatic method for finding the greatest or least value of a function. Comput. J. 3(3), 175–184 (1960); Floudas, C.A., Pardalos, P.M.: A Collection of Test Problems for Constrained Global Optimization Algorithms. Springer Berlin Heidelberg (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.Fiacco, A.V., McCormick, G.P.: Nonlinear Programming: Sequential Unconstrained Minimization Techniques, vol. 4. Siam (1990)Google Scholar