An FPGA-Based Balanced and High-Efficiency Two-Dimensional Data Access Technology for Real-Time Spaceborne SAR
With the development of satellite load and very large scale integrated (VLSI) circuit technology, spaceborne real-time synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imaging systems have become a solution for rapid response to hazards. Through analyzing the algorithm pipeline flow as well as introducing the storage-computation model, a balanced and high-efficiency 2-D data access technology based on cross-mapping data storage method has been achieved to suit the large point processing for real-time spaceborne SAR system. A prototype based on NetFPGA-SUME board with Xilinx XC7VX690T is given to verify the performance of the proposed design. Taking Stripmap SAR imaging of 16384 * 16384 granularity raw data (5 m resolution, 25 km width) as an example, the imaging based on chirp scaling algorithm takes 6.63 s, which is better than some other real-time processing methods.
KeywordsSAR Real-time processing FPGA parallel accelerating component
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 31727901, and the Hundred Leading Talent Project of Beijing Science and Technology under Grant Z141101001514005.
- 2.Langemeyer, S., et al.: A compact and flexible multi-DSP system for real-time SAR applications. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. IGARSS, vols. I–VII, pp. 1657–1659. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Cumming, I.G., Wongm, H.C.: Digital processing of synthetic aperture radar data: algorithms and implementation. International Radar Conference, vol. 1, pp. 168–175Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, J.: Fine-grained algorithm and architecture for data processing in SAR applications. National University of Defense Technology, Oct 2010Google Scholar
- 7.Gu, C., Chang, W., Li, X., et al.: Multi-core DSP based parallel architecture for FMCW SAR real-time imaging. Radio Eng. 2015, 1084–1090 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, X., Xie, Y., Zhao, B., Chen, H., Yang, C.: A SAR matrix transpose method of efficiency balanced two dimensional access. Acta Electron. Sin. 44(1), 33–38 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, Q.: System design and key technologies of the GF-3 satellite. Acta Geod. Cartogr. Sin. (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Desai, N.M., Kumar, B.S., Sharma, R.K., Kunal, A., Gameti, R.B., Gujraty, V.R.: Near real time SAR processors for ISRO’s multi-mode RISAT-I and DMSAR. In: Proceedings of 7th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar, pp. 1–4, 2–5 June 2008Google Scholar