A Dynamic Programming Track-Before-Detect Algorithm with Adaptive State Transition Set
Due to the use of a fixed-size state transition set, the traditional dynamic programming Track-Before-Detect (DP-TBD) algorithm significantly reduces the detection and tracking performance of maneuvering targets. This paper proposes a DP-TBD algorithm with an adaptive state transition set (ASTS-DP-TBD). The algorithm improves the search efficiency of the maneuvering target by introducing Kalman filtering and target state transition probability in the traditional algorithm. In addition, this paper also optimizes the termination decision strategy of the algorithm, which significantly improves the detection performance. Simulation results show that the proposed algorithm in this paper has better detection and tracking results than traditional algorithms for maneuvering targets.
KeywordsTrack-Before-Detect (TBD) Dynamic programming (DP) State transition set State transition probability
- 1.Davey, S.J., Rutten, M.G., Cheung, B.: A comparison of detection performance for several track-before-detect algorithms. In: 2008 11th International Conference on Information Fusion, pp. 1–8, Cologne, (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Jiang, H., Yi, W., Kong, L., et al.: Tracking targets in G0 clutter via dynamic programming based track-before-detect. In: 2015 IEEE Radar Conference (RadarCon), pp. 0356–0361, Arlington, VA, (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Tonissen, S.M., Evans, R.J.: Target tracking using dynamic programming: algorithm and performance. In: Proceedings of 1995 34th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, vol. 3, pp. 2741–2746, New Orleans, LA (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Yue, S., Kong, L., Yang, J., et al.: A Kalman filtering-based dynamic programming track-before-detect algorithm for turn target. In: 2010 International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems (ICCCAS), pp. 449–452, Chengdu (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, X., Wang, S., Zheng, D.: A DP-TBD algorithm with adaptive state transition set for maneuvering targets. In: 2016 CIE International Conference on Radar (RADAR), pp. 1–4, Guangzhou (2016)Google Scholar