A Novel Hinge Structure of Fiber Bragg Grating Acceleration Sensor
In view of the fact that existing Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) accelerometers cannot achieve high-precision signal and high vibration frequency measurement at the same time, this paper proposes a novel type of FBG accelerometer based on the hinge structure. A novel mechanical structure of the sensor is designed, the elastic system is composed of a mass block and a flexible hinge, and the strain of the hinge amplified by the mass block is reflected by the fiber grating. Based on the analysis of the working principle of the new sensor, the influence factors of the resonant frequency and sensitivity of the sensor are studied. The mathematical model of the elliptical flexible hinge is used to optimize the design parameters of the sensor structure. The finite element analysis results show that the new structure sensor achieves the desired effect and it has a high resonance frequency (356 Hz) and sensitivity (284 pm/g).
KeywordsFiber Bragg grating Flexible hinge Acceleration sensor Finite element analysis
This paper is supported by Natural Science Foundation of China (61271411), Natural Youth Science Foundation of China (61501326, 61401310). It also supported by Tianjin Research Program of Application Foundation and Advanced Technology (15JCZDJC31500), and Tianjin Science Foundation (16JCYBJC16500).
- 1.Chen, D.: Research on dynamic characteristics of fiber Bragg grating acceleration sensor. Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Guo, Y., Zhang, D., Zhou, Z., et al.: Research progress of fiber Bragg grating acceleration sensors. Laser Optoelectron. Prog. (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Liang, L., Li, D., Qiu, L., Xu, G.: An FBG acceleration sensor based on flexible hinge. J. Optoelectron. Laser 4, 347–352 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, W., Yu, Y.: Dynamic modeling and analysis of elliptical flexible hinge compliant mechanism. Mech. Des. Res. 6, 54–73 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, F., Jiang, M., Yan, Q., et al.: High-sensitivity low-frequency fiber grating acceleration sensor based on flexible hinge structure. Infrared Laser Eng. (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, W.: Study of key technology on ship hull structure health monitoring with fiber Bragg grating. Tianjin University, Tianjin (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.ANSYS15.0 finite element analysis from getting started to mastering. Tsinghua University PressGoogle Scholar
- 8.ANSYS14.5 finite element analysis. Tsinghua University PressGoogle Scholar