Research and Evaluation of Color Gamut Extension Algorithm Based on Image
In this paper, a new color gamut extension mapping algorithm based on the image is proposed by using the theoretical three-dimensional color domain boundary. The algorithm can be compatible with the existing conventional gamut video system and give full play to the reappearance advantage of WCG Rec.2020 display devices. In this paper, the mapping relationship between the two color gamut boundaries of Rec.709 and Rec.2020 is determined by the tone angle and the space position angle, and the extension coefficient lookup table of the conventional color gamut extends to the Rec.2020 WCG gamut is obtained. Then the color gamut expansion between the two system gamut is realized by the bilateral filtering and the lookup table assignment. In addition, this paper selects two images from the TID 2008 image library, and carries out data analysis and index evaluation on the color gamut mapping algorithm proposed in this paper. The results show that because the relative position between pixels of the source image is taken into account, the algorithm preserves the color features of the image better.
KeywordsColor gamut Wide color gamut Color gamut extension Bilateral filtering
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No: 61701344) and Student’s Platform for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Training Program (Grant No: 201810065410).
- 2.Su, X.-B., Ding, Y., Ma, B., Niu, Z.C.: Elimination of bimodal size in InAs/GaAs quantum dots for preparation of 1.3-μm quantum dot lasers. Nanoscale Res. Lett. 13(1), 59 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Kang, B.-H., Cho, M.-K., Choh, H.-K., Kim, C.-Y.: Perceptual gamut mapping on the basis of image quality and preference factors. In: Proceedings of SPIE 6058, Color Imaging XI: Processing, Hardcopy, and Applications, p. 605806, 16 Jan 2006Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, Y., Song, G., Li, H.: A hue-preserving Gamut expansion algorithm in CIELUV color space for wide Gamut displays. In: 2010 3rd International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, vol. 5, pp. 2401–2405 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Jiang, H.: Research and hardware implementation of color gamut extension algorithm. Master’s thesis, Shanghai Jiaotong University (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, Y.: Study on color range extension of laser display. Master’s thesis, Shandong University (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Huang, H.: Study on color gamut mapping based on wide color domain display equipment. Master’s thesis, Shandong University (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Han, Y.: Study on color gamut extension mapping based on wide color gamut display. Master’s thesis, Shandong University (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, N., Zhu, M., Chen, G.: A spatial image color gamut mapping algorithm based on double filtering. Electron. J. 44(8), 0372–2112 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Sun, K.: Research and implementation of high dynamic range image mapping algorithm based on bilateral filtering. Master’s thesis, Xi’an University of Electronic Science and Technology (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Wu, K.: Study on color image enhancement algorithm based on edge preserving filter. Doctoral dissertation, Chinese Academy of Sciences University (2017)Google Scholar