A Theoretical Method for Constructing the Boundary of the Color Domain of the System
This paper proposes a method to determine the color gamut boundary of the color system by theoretical calculation based on the colorimetric parameters of three primary colors and the reference color white. Gamut mapping is the fundamental way to improve the chromatic aberration between different color systems, and the determination of gamut boundaries is the prerequisite to achieve gamut mapping. In this paper, the frame of a three-dimensional color gamut of the system is established by using the chromaticity parameters of the three basic color of the system and the base white, and then the theoretical construction of the three-dimensional color gamut of the system is realized by the interpolation method. In this paper, the 3D gamut boundaries of the conventional gamut and the Rec.2020 WCG gamut are completed by using this method. The calculation results show that the construction method in this paper has a small amount of computation, short time required, high accuracy, and universality.
KeywordsDisplay technology 3D color field boundary Linear interpolation fitting
This work was supported by Student’s Platform for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Training Program (No: 201810065410).
- 1.Liu, Q.: Coverage of color domain and color domain. Telev. Technol. (11), 49–51 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Kress, W., Stevens, M.: Derivation of 3-dimensional gamut descriptors for graphic arts output devices. In: Proceedings of TAGA, 1994, p. 199Google Scholar
- 3.Cholewo, T.J., Love, S.: Gamut boundary determination using alpha-shapes. In: Color and Imaging Conference, 1999, pp. 200–204Google Scholar
- 4.Morovic, J., Luo, M.R.: Gamut mapping algorithms based on psychophysical experiments. In: Color and Imaging Conference, 1997, pp. 44–49Google Scholar
- 5.Morovic, J., Luo, M.R.: Calculating medium and image gamut boundaries for gamut mapping, Color Res. Appl. 252, 394–401Google Scholar
- 6.Rec.709-4. Parameter values for the HDTV standards for production and international programme exchange (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Rec.2020(08/2012). Parameter values for ultra-high definition television systems for production and international programme exchange (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Ponomarenko, N., Lukin, V., Zelensky, A., Egiazarian, K., Carli, M.Google Scholar