Time-Aware Routing and Spectrum Assignment Assisted by 3D-Spectrum Auxiliary Graph in Elastic Optical Networks
With setting up and tearing down of dynamic requests, there will inevitably be spectrum fragmentation in elastic optical networks, leading to a higher blocking ratio. However, conventional algorithms only consider current spectrum fragmentation in the 2D-spectrum auxiliary graph, which determines whether requests can be accepted when they arrive. To overcome this problem, we propose an innovative routing and spectrum assignment algorithm considering the future fragmentation, which determines whether requests can be accepted when other online requests leave. In this algorithm, we first introduce a time variance metric to measure the occupied holding time of both the current request and its adjacent online requests, and then propose a model with the minimal time variance in the 3D-spectrum auxiliary graph, which tries to ensure all the leaving time is similar around the current requests. Finally, we verify the advantages of the proposed algorithm in terms of blocking ratio, fragmentation ratio, and spectrum utilization ratio through simulation results.
KeywordsElastic optical network Dynamic routing and spectrum assignment Spectrum fragmentation 3D-spectrum auxiliary graph Time variance
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61371091, the “13th five-year” Key Research Project of DMU under Grant 3132016318, and the Fundamental Research Funds for Central Universities under Grant 3132017078.
- 2.Xuan, H., Wang, Y., Xu, Z., Hao, S., Wang, X.: New bi-level programming model for routing and spectrum assignment in elastic optical network. Opt. Quantum Electron. 49(5), 186 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, N., Jue, J.P.: Holding-time-aware routing, modulation, and spectrum assignment for elastic optical networks. In: Global Communications Conference, pp. 2180–2185. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, H.L., Lv, L., Chen, Y., Wei, C.: Fragmentation-avoiding spectrum assignment strategy based on spectrum partition for elastic optical networks. IEEE Photonics J. 9(5), 1–13 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Yang, F., Wang, L., Chen, X., Zhao, Y., Zhang, J.: A holding-time-aware routing and spectrum allocation algorithm in elastic optical network. In: Opto-Electronics and Communications Conference, pp. 1–3 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Singh, S.K., Jukan, A.: Non-disruptive spectrum defragmentation with holding-time awareness in optical networks. In: International Conference on Optical Network Design and Modeling. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar