Design and Analysis of a Novel Metamaterial Structure Realized in Low-Frequency Band
In this paper, the double negative metamaterial is designed and analyzed using finite element method. Most of the structure of metamaterial is applied in radar stealth technology and superlens. Compared with the traditional material, the metamaterial can focus on electromagnetic waves, which can improve the wireless power transfer (WPT) system. In previous research, the metamaterial always operated in GHz and THz which is not suitable for the WPT system. To address this problem, a novel structure of metamaterial which works in MHz is proposed. The simulation results indicate that the novel structure of metamaterial can achieve negative permeability and negative permittivity at about 50 MHz.
KeywordsMetamaterial Negative permeability Negative permittivity Finite element method
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61601329) and Applied Basic Research Program of Tianjin (15JCYBJC52300).
- 1.Gong, J.: The structure of left-handed material and its application in microwave engineering. Doctoral dissertation, Xi’an Electronic and Science University (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Jing, S., Bin, W.G., Zhenyu, W., Jun, M.F.: Comparison of two methods for extracting electromagnetic parameters of double negative materials. Comput. Simul. 25(5), 329–333 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Boopalan, G., Subramaniam, C.K.: Frequency dependence of magnetic flux profile in the presence of meta-materials for wireless power transfer. In: IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 2437–2440. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Gong, J.Q., Chu, Q.X.: Effective electromagnetic parameters extraction method for 1D left-handed material. 1–4 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Smith, D.R., Vier, D.C., Koschny, T., Soukoulis, C.M.: Electromagnetic parameter retrieval from inhomogeneous meta-materials. Phys. Rev. E Stat. Nonlinear Soft Matter Phys. 71(3 Pt 2B), 036617Google Scholar
- 10.Fan, Y., Li, L.: Efficient wireless power transfer system by using highly sub-wavelength negative-index meta-materials. In: Wireless Symposium, pp. 1–4. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhao, Y., Vutipongsatorn, V., Leelarasmee, E.: Improving the efficiency of wireless power transfer systems using meta-materials. In: International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology, pp. 1–4. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar