Development of a New Type of Long Base Stress Sensor for Hull Structure
In this paper, a new type of hull structure long base stress sensor is introduced. When the ship changes under external or internal forces, the fiber Bragg grating fixed between two bases is deformed. The deformation of the fiber grating and the wavelength change of the fiber grating are basically linear. By demodulating the end of the compensation algorithm, we can get the fiber wavelength and the ship structure stress. Therefore, the actual structural strength of the hull is accurately mastered, which provides a stable and reliable device for long-term detection and health monitoring of hull structure in the field of ocean ships.
KeywordsFiber Bragg gratings Long base stress sensor Strain sensitivity coefficient
This paper is supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (61271411), Natural Youth Science Foundation of China (61501326, 61401310). It also supported by Tianjin Research Program of Application Foundation and Advanced Technology (15JCZDJC31500), and Tianjin Science Foundation (16JCYBJC16500).
- 1.Wu, Z., Wang, F., Zhao, J.: A statistical study of marine accidents and a synthetical evaluation of ship safety. J. Dalian Mar. Coll. (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Moody, V.: Fiber theory and formation. Elsevier Inc. (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Jiang, D.S., He, W.: Review of applications for fiber Bragg grating sensors. J. Optoelectron. Laser 4(13), 420–430 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, X.Y.: Distributed measurement system and its model for ship structure. Ship Eng. 5(26), 62–66 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, X.Y., Wang, X.Q.: Application of fiber Bragg grating sensors on smart ship structure. Ship Eng. 2(28), 29–32 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, W.: Study of key technology on ship hull structure health monitoring with fiber Bragg grating, Tianjin University, Tianjin (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, Y., Zhang, W., Jin, Z., Liu, J., Li, M., Li, X., Geng, B., Dong, B.: Research on the gear operating state detection based on the fiber Bragg grating sensing technology. In: IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, B.: Review of the present status of fiber sensors. Opt. Fiber Technol. 3–4 (2003)Google Scholar