A Deep Learning Method of Moving Target Classification in Clutter Background
The Doppler spectrums of radar echoes of targets can reflect the change of the instantaneous velocity of targets. Therefore, it can be used for analyzing the motion state of the target and classifying them. Besides, deep learning is widely used in the classification of images. This paper proposes a deep learning based method of classifying targets in sea clutter. First, we introduce the motion model of targets and analyze their Doppler spectrum, based on which, we stimulate the time–frequency images of targets’ radar echoes. Since clutters in echoes usually obey Weibull distribution, we add Weibull clutter (Mezache and Soltani) to a novel threshold optimization technique for far-away detection in Weibull clutter using fuzzy neural networks, 2007, ) to the echo signals. Then we classify targets with different networks using NVIDIA DIGITS, based on the images and analyze the results of classification.
KeywordsDoppler spectrum Weibull clutter Target classification Deep learning
This work was supported in part by The National Natural Science Foundation of China (61871391, U1633122, 61871392, 61531020), Scientific Research Development of Shandong (J17KB139), and Young Elite Scientist Sponsorship Program of CAST (YESS20160115).
- 1.Mezache, F., Soltani, A.: Novel threshold optimization technique forfar detection in weibull clutter using fuzzy-neural networks. In: 2007 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Communications (ICSPC 2007), Dubai, United Arab Emirates (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Xiaolong, C., Jian, G., You, H.: Applications and prospect of micro-motion theory in the detection of sea surface target. J. Radars 2(1), 123–134 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Xiaolong, C., Yunlong, D., Xiuyou, L., Jian, G.: Modeling of micromotion and analysis of properties of rigid marine targets. J. Radars 4(6), 630–638 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, J.: Research on image retrieval based on fusion feature of AlexNet. Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Chongqing (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Bai, Y., Wan, H., Bai, C.: Study on human behavior classification in still images based on GoogLeNet. Comput. Knowl. Technol. 13(18), 186–188 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Gao, J.: ISAR Ship Imaging and Cross-Ranging Scaling with Multipath and Sea Clutter and Interference. Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin (2009)Google Scholar