Design of Laboratory Monitoring Management System Based on Internet of Things
This paper designs an indoor location and environment information testing laboratory monitoring management system. The system includes four parts: a development board based on STM32F103RET6 provided by China Mobile, W5100 Internet module, the Wi-Fi-RFID-WSN sensing part, data server, and Android client. Users can locate and monitor assets such as apparatus equipment of labs, monitor environmental information, make it convenient for both self-help studying or research and management, etc. This system has low power consumption, good scalability, and client interface simple operation, which can automatically identify where things with RFID tags, real-time query laboratory environment information, through the client application user can set up the environment parameters threshold, and start the transfinite alarm. Moreover, testing results of the effectiveness of this system are proposed in the end.
KeywordsIndoor localization Laboratory monitoring management system Internet of things
The author wishes to thank the reviewers for the careful review and valuable suggestions. This work was supported by the Teaching Reform Project (2017-1-18) fund by Tianjin University Renai College. Besides, we wish to thank Yajuan Li of logistics department for the foundation structure of our Laboratory building for future tests.
- 1.Seward, J.B., Khandheria, B.K., Koerner, J.A., Wellik, T.J., Hansen, W.H., Gilman, G.: Ultrasound laboratory information management system and method. US, US 8417536 B2 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Barnes, K.M., Birolini, L., Williams, W.B., Khanal, D.: System and method for inventory sharing in a laboratory management system. US20180032954 (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Laboratory information management system module for integration into manufacturing operations management system. In: 2010 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 14–17 March 2010. 978-1-4244-5697-0 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Zheng, W., Xu, Y.: Construction and application of integrated laboratory information management system. Shanxi Electronic Technology (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, Q., Li, P.: Design of laboratory management information system based on cloud computing. China Comput. Commun. (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Liang, Q.: Laboratory information management system (lims) application research. Environ. Sci. Manag. (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Hardyanto, W., Purwinarko, A., Adhi, M.A.: End-user satisfaction analysis on library management system unnes using technology acceptance model towards national standard of integrated library. J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 983(1), 12006 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Bahl, P.: An in-building rf-based user location and tracking system. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, vol. 2, pp. 775–784 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Youssef, M.A., Agrawala, A., Shankar, A.U.: WLAN location determination via clustering and probability distributions. In: IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, pp. 143–150 (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Kaemarungsi, K., Krishnamurthy, P.: Properties of indoor received signal strength for WLAN location fingerprinting. In: International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: NETWORKING and Services, 2004. MOBIQUITOUS, pp. 14–23. IEEE (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Kaemarungsi, K.: Distribution of WLAN received signal strength indication for indoor location determination. In: International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing, pp. 6-pp. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar