Design of a Data Acquisition and Transmission System for Smart Factory Based on NB-IoT
In the industrial network, the trend of combining different communication systems has been observed in the past years and it will continue in the future. Nowadays, with the rise of Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) and Low-Power Wide-Area Network (LPWAN), wireless technology is gradually infiltrating into the field of industrial control. This paper proposes an industrial data acquisition and transmission system using ATMEGA328P microcontroller based on Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) technology. System realizes the integration of heterogeneous networks and seamless acquisition and transmission of data, and enables remote real-time monitor to the sensor nodes distributed in the smart factory.
KeywordsIndustrial network WSN LPWAN NB-IoT Smart factory
This work is supported by Project of Intelligent Manufacturing Integrated Standardization and New Model Application 2017ZNZX03.
- 3.Khemapech, I., Duncan, I., Miller, A.: A survey of wireless sensor networks technology. In: 6th Annual Postgraduate Symposium on the Convergence of Telecommunications, Networking and Broadcasting, vol. 13 (2005, June)Google Scholar
- 5.Pothuganti, K., Chitneni, A.: A comparative study of wireless protocols: bluetooth, UWB, ZigBee, and Wi-Fi. Adv. Electron. Electr. Eng. 4(6), 655–662 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Yanfei, L., Cheng, W., Chengbo, Y., Xiaojun, Q.: Research on Zigbee wireless sensors network based on modbus protocol. In: IFITA’09. International Forum on Information Technology and Applications, 2009, vol. 1, pp. 487–490. IEEE (2009, May)Google Scholar
- 8.Galkin, P.: Interaction model design of ZigBee-gateway between wireless sensor network and industrial network. In: Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications. Science and Technology (PIC S&T), 2017 4th International, pp. 501–504. IEEE (2017, October)Google Scholar
- 11.Petrenko, A.S., Petrenko, S.A., Makoveichuk, K.A., Chetyrbok, P.V.: The IIoT/IoT device control model based on narrow-band IoT (NB-IoT). In: Young Researchers in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EIConRus), 2018 IEEE Conference of Russian, pp. 950–953. IEEE (2018, January)Google Scholar