Fuzzy Adaptive PID Control for Translational Flight of a Tail-Sitter UAV
This study proposes a new fuzzy adaptive PID control strategy to enhance the performance of a tail-sitter UAV in translational flight. First of all, the dynamic model of UAV is built, and then the interference of model parameter perturbation and the disturbance in translational flight is analyzed; Finally, the fuzzy adaptive PID controller is designed to solve the problem of model uncertainty. The simulation results show that the controller has good tracking quality and robustness.
KeywordsTail-sitter UAV Vertical takeoff and landing Fuzzy adaptive PID control Flight control
- 1.Xi, L., Zhu, Q., Zhang, D.: Sliding mode control design based on fuzzy reaching law for yaw angle of a Tail-sitter UAV. In: 2016 22nd International Conference on Automation and Computing, Colchester, United Kingdom, vol. 09, pp. 238–243 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Stone, H.: Aerodynamic modelling of a wing-in-slip—stream tail-sitter UAV. In: 2002 Biennial International Powered Lift Conference and Exhibit, Williamsburg, 5–7 Nov 2002Google Scholar
- 3.Hugh Stone, R.: The T-wing tail-sitter research UAV. In: 2002 Biennial International Powered Lift Conference and Exhibit, pp. 1–10 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Mengzhao, L.: Moment of inertia of aircraft and its estimation. J. Aircr. Des. 3, 13–20 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Etkin, B., Reid, L.D.: Dynamics of Flight Stability and Control. Wiley (1996)Google Scholar