An Improved RSA Algorithm for Wireless Localization
Wireless localization has become a hot issue in Internet of things, but the none-line-of-sight (NLOS) propagation will degrade the performance of traditional localization algorithms. Therefore, this paper proposed an improved range scaling algorithm (RSA) in the wireless sensor networks, where we use a two-step improvement to enhance the constrained optimization model. Simulations demonstrate that the proposed algorithm outperforms the compared algorithms, and effectively suppress the localization error caused by the none-line-of-sight propagation.
KeywordsWireless location None-line-of-sight propagation Range scaling algorithm (RSA) Quadratic programming
This paper was sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61471322.
- 2.Ke W, Wu L. Constrained least squares algorithm for TOA-based mobile location under NLOS environments. In: International conference on wireless communications, networking and mobile computing, Beijing; 2009. p. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 3.Kong F, Wang J, Zheng N, et al. A robust weighted intersection algorithm for target localization using AOA measurements. In: IEEE advanced information management, communicates, automation control conference, Xian; 2016. p. 23–8.Google Scholar
- 5.Popleteev A. Indoor localization using ambient FM radio RSS fingerprinting: a 9-month study. In: 2017 IEEE international conference on computer and information technology (CIT), Helsinki; 2017. p. 128–34.Google Scholar
- 7.Gazzah L, Najjar L, Besbes H. Improved hybrid AML algorithm without identification of LOS/NLOS nodes. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference; 2015. p. 1–5.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen PC. A non-line-of-sight error mitigation algorithm in location estimation. In: IEEE wireless communications and networking conference; 1999. p. 316–20.Google Scholar
- 10.Muqaibel AH, Landolsi MA, Mahmood MN. Practical evaluation of NLOS/LOS parametric classification in UWB channels. In: IEEE international conference on communications; 2013. p. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 11.Zheng Z, Hua J, Jiang B, et al. A Novel NLOS mitigation and localization algorithm exploiting the optimization method. Chin J Sens Actuators. 2013;26(5):722–7.Google Scholar
- 13.Zheng X, Hua J, Zheng Z, et al. LLOP localization algorithm with optimal scaling in NLOS wireless propagations. In: IEEE international conference on electronics information and emergency communication, Beijing; 2014. p. 45–8.Google Scholar
- 14.Wang X, Wang Z, O’Dea B. A TOA-based location algorithm reducing the errors due to non-line-of-sight (NLOS) propagation. J China Inst Commun. 2001;52(1):112–6.Google Scholar