YVONNE: A Fast and Accurate Prediction Scoring Retrieval Framework Based on MF
The recommendation system has many successful applications on e-commerce and social media, including Amazon, Netflix, Yelp, etc. It is a personalized recommendation system. It recommends interesting product and information to the user based on the user’s interests, information, needs, etc. It is extremely important to use the known user information to get the missing information from other users. Most of previous works focus on the learning phase of the recommendation system. Only a few researches focus on the retrieval stage. In this paper, we propose a fast and accurate prediction scoring retrieval framework based on matrix factorization (MF). Our framework (Yvonne) can effectively predict the score of users’ missing items. Experiments with real data show that our framework significantly outperforms other methods on the efficiency and accuracy.
KeywordsMatrix factorization Integral approximate SVD-transformation
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61762055, 61662039 and 61462048); and the Jiangxi Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 20161BAB202036, 20171BAB202004 and 20181BAB202014).
- 2.Aggarwal, C.C., Wolf, J.L., Wu, K.L., Yu, P.S.: Horting hatches an egg: a new graph-theoretic approach to collaborative filtering, pp. 201–212 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Bachrach, Y., et al.: Speeding up the Xbox recommender system using a euclidean transformation for inner-product spaces. In: Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Recommender systems, pp. 257–264. ACM (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Fraccaro, M., Paquet, U., Winther, O.: Indexable probabilistic matrix factorization for maximum inner product search, pp. 1554–1560 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.He, R., McAuley, J.: Ups and downs: modeling the visual evolution of fashion trends with one-class collaborative filtering. In: proceedings of the 25th International Conference on World Wide Web. pp. 507–517. International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, H., Chan, T.N., Man, L.Y., Mamoulis, N.: FEXIPRO: fast and exact inner product retrieval in recommender systems. In: ACM International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 835–850 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, H., Wu, D., Tang, W., Mamoulis, N.: Overlapping community regularization for rating prediction in social recommender systems, pp. 27–34 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Lian, D., Zhao, C., Xie, X., Sun, G., Chen, E., Rui, Y.: GeoMF: joint geographical modeling and matrix factorization for point-of-interest recommendation. In: Proceedings of the 20th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 831–840. ACM (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Sarwar, B., Karypis, G., Konstan, J., Riedl, J.: Item-based collaborative filtering recommendation algorithms, pp. 285–295 (2001)Google Scholar
- 14.Yuan, X., Yang, J.: Sparse and low-rank matrix decomposition via alternating direction methods, vol. 12, p. 2 (2009)Google Scholar