Pre-processing Techniques for Detection of Blurred Images
Blur detection and estimation have progressively became an imminent arena of computer vision. Along with heightening usage of mobiles and photographs, detecting the blur is purposed over to enhance or to remove the images. PrE-processing Techniques for DEtection of Blurred Images(PET-DEBI) was framed to detect the blurred and undistorted images. The frailty of Laplacian has been overcome by Gaussian filter to remove the noise of the image; then, the variance of Laplacian is calculated over the images. Through analysing the variance of the images, appropriate threshold is circumscribed and further used as limitation to define blurred and unblurred images. PET-DEBI was implemented and experimented yielding encouraging results with accuracy of 87.57%, precision of 88.88%, recall of 86.96% and F-measure of 87.91%.
KeywordsBlur detection Blur estimation Gaussian Filter Laplacian function Threshold fixing
The research is funded by University Grants Commission as part of their programme called as Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
- 3.Pendyala S, Ramesha P, Bns AV, Arora D (2015) Blur detection and fast blind image deblurring. In: India Conference (INDICON), 2015 Annual IEEE. pp 1–4Google Scholar
- 4.Rooms F, Pizurica A, Philips W (2002) Estimating image blur in the wavelet domain. In: IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing. IEEE; 1999 vol. 4, pp 4190–4190Google Scholar
- 7.Su B, Lu S, Tan CL (2011) Blurred image region detection and classification. In: Proceedings of the 19th ACM international conference on Multimedia. ACM pp 1397–1400.Google Scholar
- 8.Tran GS, Nghiem TP, Doan NQ, Drogoul A, Mai LC (2016) Fast parallel blur detection of digital images. In: IEEE RIVF international conference on computing & communication technologies, research, innovation, and vision for the future (RIVF), IEEE (2016) pp 147–152.Google Scholar
- 9.Williams BM, Al-Bander B, Pratt H, Lawman S, Zhao Y, Zheng Y, Shen Y (2017) Fast blur detectionand parametric deconvolution of retinal fundus images. In: Fetal, infant and ophthalmic medical image analysis, Springer, pp 194–201Google Scholar
- 11.Yang D, Qin S (2015) Restoration of degraded image with partial blurred regions based onblur detection and classification. In: 2015 IEEE international conference on mechatronics and automation (ICMA) IEEE, pp 2414–2419Google Scholar