Intelligent Mobile Dictionary and Thesaurus
This project is a mobile dictionary application which takes advantage of camera with capability of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to scan and extract words from the captured images then search offline dictionary database. The motivation that drives us toward this implementation is to contribute to any mobile users that prefer a dictionary application with OCR capabilities that is easy to use. The objectives of this project are to offer a mobile dictionary that provides OCR assistance to scan words from captured image and to allow users to search terms for synonym, nearest and antonym, and to connect with any dictionary databases. The results of this application are promising and show the potential for further model improvement. The target language for this application is English.
KeywordsIntelligent dictionary Optical character recognition Live scan
- 1.Mori, S., Nishida, H., Yamada, H.: Optical Character Recognition, 1st edn. Wiley, New York, NY, USA (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Nagy, G., Nartker, T.A., Rice, S.V.: Optical character recognition: an illustrated guide to the frontier. Proc. Doc. Recognit. Retr.VII, SPIE 3967, 58–69 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Seidi, M., Scholz, M., Huemer, C., Kappel, G.: An Introduction to Object Oriented Modelling. Vienna University of Technology (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Craig, C., Gerber, A.: Learn android studio: build android apps quickly and effectively (2015) (Apress)Google Scholar
- 5.Sukri, S.S., Ruhaiyem, N.I.R., Mohamed, A.S.A.: Face recognition with real time eye lid movement detection. In: Badioze Zaman, H., et al. (eds.) Advances in Visual Informatics. IVIC 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 10645. Springer, Cham (2017)Google Scholar