Modeling of Torpedo-Shaped Micro Autonomous Underwater Vehicle
We present a mathematical model for a torpedo-shaped micro autonomous underwater vehicle (µAUV) designed and developed at Underwater, Control and Robotics Group (UCRG), Universiti Sains Malaysia. µAUV is a small and portable vehicle operated by a single operator. We propose a mathematical model that does not takes account the effect of lifts force subjected by the AUV. Mathematical model used in the control law is derived based on theoretical and empirical methods adapted from similar AUVs while parameters of the AUV taken from 3d model data in SolidWorksTM. This mathematical model used to represent this AUV for fabrication of a working AUV prototype.
KeywordsUnderwater vehicles Modeling Torpedo-shaped
The authors would like to acknowledge FRGS Grant from Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) (Grant number: FRGS—203/pelect/6071346) for supporting the research.
- 1.Riptide Autonomous Solutions: Micro-UUV. (Online) Available at: https://riptideas.com/micro-uuv/. Accessed 21 March 2018
- 2.Fossen, T.I.: Guidance and Control of Ocean Vehicles. John Wiley (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Do, K.D., Pan, J.: Control of ships and underwater vehicles: design for underactuated and nonlinear marine systems, pp. 42–45. Springer Science & Business Media (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Lewis, E. (ed.): Principles of naval architecture. Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, 2nd revision (1989)Google Scholar
- 5.Silva, J.E., Terra, B., Martins, R., Sousa, J.B.: Modeling and simulation of the LAUV autonomous underwater vehicle. In: 13th IEEE IFAC International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics (MMAR’07) (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Hong, E.Y., Soon, H.G., Chitre, M.: Depth control of an autonomous underwater vehicle, STARFISH. In: Oceans, pp. 1–6 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Siang, S.Y.: Robust controller technique of an autonomous underwater vehicle for underwater pole inspection. Doctoral dissertation, Universiti Sains Malaysia (2017)Google Scholar