A New Double-Negative Material for Multi-band Satellite Applications
In this study, a compact new double-negative (DNG) material unit cell structure for multi-band satellite applications has been presented and proposed. A π-shape design has been developed which is splitted at two ends. The structure of unit cell has been designed using CST Microwave Studio and this simulation tool is also used to find out the transmission and reflection parameters for this DNG material unit cell. This unit cell shows resonance in the microwave multi-band (S-band, C-band and X-band) frequency range. It also shows double-negative characteristics in all these above frequency bands.
KeywordsENG Meta-materials SRR
- 1.Veselago, V.G.: The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ. Sov. Phys. Usp. 10(04), 509–514 (1968)Google Scholar
- 2.Smith, D.R., Padilla, W.J., Vier, D.C., Nemat-Nasser, S.C., Schultz, S.: Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity. Phys. Rev. Lett. 84(18) (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Turkmen, O., Ekmekci, E., Turhan-Sayan, G.: Nested U-ring resonators: a novel multi-band metamaterial design in microwave region. IET Microw. Antennas Propag. 6(10), 1102–1108 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Islam, S.S., Faruque, M.R.I., Islam, M.T.: Design and analysis of a new double negative metamaterial. Informacije MIDEM 44(3), 218–223 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Islam, S.S., Faruque, M.R.I., Islam, M.T.: A new direct retrieval method of refractive index for metamaterials. Curr. Sci. 109(2), 337–342 (2015)Google Scholar