Numerical Simulation of the Temperature Propagation in Superposed Biological Media, with Applications in Dental Treatment
In this paper, an example of numerical simulation of the temperature propagation in five biological media is presented. For the five spaces, successively disposed, respectively: tissue (A), tooth (B), steel (C), tooth (D) and again tissue (E), the structure parameters, respectively the time constants (T1; T2) and the space constants (S1; S2) are obtained using the dedicated program CTISP01(02) which implements equations which are presented in the paper. It is of great interest the temperature propagation in time and space, both in the interior of these spaces and at the separation limits between them. The dedicated program ZPROP03(04), that assures much flexibility and a large diversification for the similar studied applications was elaborated on the purpose of simulating the mathematical model of the propagation process, proposed in the paper. Direct applications of the presented simulations can be used in dental treatment domain.
KeywordsThermal propagation in biological media Analogical modeling partial differential equation (PDE) Numerical simulation Structure parameters
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Colosi, H., Achimaş, A., Roman, N.M.: Evaluarea Biomecanicii Ortodontice prin Modelare şi Simulare. Galaxia Gutenberg, Cluj-Napoca (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Abrudean, M.: Systems theory and automatic regulation. Mediamira Publishing house, Cluj-Napoca (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, H.-X., Qi, C.: Spatio-Temporal Modeling of Nonlinear Distributed Parameter Systems: A Time/Space Separation Based Approach. Springer (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Morris, K.A.: In: Levine, W.S. (ed.) The Control Theory Handbook, Control of Systems Governed by Partial Differential Equations. CRC Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Coloşi, T., Abrudean, M., Ungureşan, M.-L., Mureşan, V.: Numerical Simulation of Distributed Parameter Processes. Springer (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Sita, I.-V.: Building control, monitoring, safety and security using collaborative systems. In: 4th International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems, Bucharest, Romania, pp. 662–667 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Inoan, I.: Movement control of an unloading machine from a rotary furnace. In: Proceeding of AQTR 2010, THETA 17th edition, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, pp. 131–134 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Ungureşan, M.-L., Niac, G.: Pre-equilibrium kinetics. modeling and simulation. Russian J. Phys. Chem. 85(4), 549–556 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.User Guide, Matlab 7.5.0 (R2007b)Google Scholar