The Role of a Thin Aluminum Film in the Reconstruction of Silicon’s Near-Surface Layers
The effect of a thin film of aluminum on morphology and change in the characteristics of p-type silicon crystals was investigated in the work. It is established that a sprayed metallic film receives the nanosized complexes from the inner part of the crystal to the surface. These defects are effective centers of dislocation-related electroluminescence of structures based on p-Si. Additional elastic deformation (for several hours) of silicon leads to an increase in their concentration. This can be used to increase the efficiency of the luminescence of silicon monocrystals in the infrared region.
Keywordsp-type silicon Dislocation electroluminescence Deformation Near-surface layer
Slobodzyan D. acknowledge the support of this work provided by the International Visegrad Fund (scholarship no. 51810525).
- 1.Drozdov NA, Patrin AA, Tkachev VD (1976) Recombination radiation at dislocations in silicon. JETP Lett 23(11):651–653Google Scholar
- 3.Sobolev NA (2010) Defect engineering in implantation technology of silicon light-emitting structures with dislocation-related luminescence. Semi-Conductors 44(1):1–23Google Scholar
- 4.Pavlyk BV, Kushkyk MO, Slobodzyan DP (2015) About the nature of electroluminescence centers in plastically deformed crystals of p-type silicon. J Nano Electron Phys 7(3):03043Google Scholar
- 5.Pavlyk BV, Kushkyk MO, Slobodzyan DP (2017) Origin of dislocation luminescence centers and their reorganization in p-type silicon crystal subjected to plastic deformation and high temperature annealing. Nanoscale Res Lett 12(358):1–8Google Scholar
- 7.Dzhafarov TD (1991) Radiation-stimulated diffusion in semiconductors. Energoatomizdat, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- 8.Vinetsky VL, Holodar GA (1979) Radiation physics of semiconductors. Naukova dumka, KievGoogle Scholar
- 9.Pavlyk BV, Lys RM, Didyk RI et al (2014) Investigation of conductibility changes of irradiated p-Si crystals by X-rays during the re-coverable deformation. Phys Chem Solid State 15(2):297–303Google Scholar
- 10.Lys RM, Pavlyk BV, Didyk RI et al (2017) Change in surface conductivity of elastically deformed p-Si crystals irradiated by X-rays. Nanoscale Res Lett 12(440):1–7Google Scholar
- 11.Nadtochiy VO (2006) Extended abstract of Cand. science. Dissertation, Kharkiv National University, KharkivGoogle Scholar
- 13.Smyntyna VA, Kulinich OA, Glaubrman MA et al (2005) Simulation of the current transfer process in real metal-silicon structures with Schottky barrier. Phys Chem Solid State 6(4):656–660Google Scholar
- 14.Slobodzyan DP, Kushkyk MO, Pavlyk BV (2018) Electroluminescence energy efficiency of Si-structures with a different compound of nanoscale dislocation complexes. Appl Nanosci. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13204-018-0729-5