Traffic Management and Security in Wired Network
Network is nowadays most comprehensible and keen user-friendly requirement of society. All gigantic organizations and institutions can work smartly, competently and proficiently because of this developing network. It has made life simple by doing all trades and transactions whether offline or online on just a click. As network is boon for life, its smooth functioning is necessity of time. Traffic Management and security is essential to deliver the data timely as well as reliably. Inferring filters on different ports, applying ACL’s on connecting devices, creating private VLAN’s and encapsulating them into secured shell can target both. In this paper, the author has controlled and secured traffic in a Corporate network by simulation of these special secured features. The configuration is done using cisco packet tracer.
KeywordsACL VLANs SSH Port-Security Traffic management
- 1.Suman, S., Agrawal, A.: IP traffic management with access control list using cisco packet tracer. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Technol. Res. (IJSETR) 5(5) (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, X., Zhao, H., Guan, M., Guo, C., Wang, J.: Research and implementation of VLAN based on service. IEEE. 0-7803-7974-8/03/$17.00 © 2003Google Scholar
- 3.Petcu, D., Iancu, B., Peculea, A., Dadarlat, V., Cebuc, E.: Integrating Cisco Packet Tracer with Moodle platform: support for teaching and automatic evaluation. In: Networking in Education and Research, 2013 RoEduNet International Conference 12th Edition, pp. 1–6, 26–28 September 2013Google Scholar
- 4.Matthews, J.: Computer Networking: Internet Protocols in Action, 1st edn. Wiley, Danvers (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Nadaf, S.M., Rath, H.K., Simha, A.: A novel approach of enterprise network transformation and optimization. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar