To Analyze the Impact of Spokesperson Used in Cosmetic Advertisements for Trust Building of the Indian Customers Buying Intention
Advertising has developed to be one of the prominent business exercises in the cutting edge world which helps to increase consumption of goods and products, therefore, having straight outcome on the economy. The spokesperson in advertisements can make the communication process extra effective when they are used according to the participation of the consumer. The intention of this study was to survey the influence of advertising spokesperson on trust building and purchase intention of the customer over a digital platform. The second motive of this paper was to inspect the relationship between customer’s trust and spokesperson in Indian advertisement. Man–Whitney U test was selected for hypothesis testing and variance between the expert and celebrity spokesperson was studied. The results disclosed that the purchase intentions are more positive for celebrity spokesperson advertisement, hence suggesting celebrity spokesperson is an effective way to raise consumer trust and increase their purchase intention for the product.
KeywordsAdvertising appeals Advertising spokespersons Trustworthiness Purchase intention
- 2.Deshwal, P.: Online advertising and its impact on consumer behaviour. Int. J. Appl. Res. 2(2), 200–204 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, K.Y.: The effects of message involvement, advertiser credibility and advertising appeals on advertising communication effectiveness. Master degree thesis of institute of management science, National Chiao Tung University (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Lian, N.H.: Advertising spokesperson effects: an examination of endorser type and gender. Master degree thesis of school of business, National Taiwan University (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.Saleem, F.: Effect of single celebrity and multiple celebrity endorsement on low involvement and high involvement product advertisements. Eur. J. Soc. Sci. 5(3), 125–132 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Zafar, Q.U.A., Rafique, M.: Impact of celebrity advertisement on customers’ brand perception and purchase intention. Asian J. Bus. Manage. Sci. 1(11), 53–67 (2011)Google Scholar