Technology, Sustainability, and Consumer Expectation—New Ways of Thinking About Future Fashion
With the fast-changing world driven by technology, social media, and consumer expectation, the design fraternity is forced to rethink about fashion delivered to the consumer in a different and attractive way. The field survey was conducted with Designers, Store Managers, Corporates, and consumers to understand what the consumer would like to see in future fashion and how designers and corporates would be able to meet the expectation of consumers in the fast-changing technological advances in designing, production process, and marketing of products scenario. The results indicate that there is a strong indication of the inclusion of sustainable technology in fashion.
KeywordsSocial media Technology Sustainability Future fashion
- 2.Devis, F.: Clothing and fashion as communication. In: Solomon, M.R. (ed.) The Psychology of Fashion. Lexington Books, Lexington, pp. 15–28 (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Tarafder, N.: Fashion and consumer behavior-part 1. Manmade Text. India 45–50 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, T.Y., Wong, C.W.Y.: The consumption side of sustainable fashion supply chain: understanding fashion consumer eco fashion consumption decision. J. Fashion Mark. Manage. 16, 193–215 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Zargani, L.: The future of technology and fashion. Women’s Wear Daily 193(75), 14 (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Zaroff, M.: Eco-fashion: making a sustainable future. wwd.com. 1.66-66 (2016)Google Scholar