Design and Fabrication of Versatile Low Power Wireless Sensor Nodes for IoT Applications
Recent times world has witnessed a wireless sensing networks (WSN) technology attracting for a wide range of real-world applications, mostly due to its shrinking size and cost while demonstrating improved performances and functionalities. One of the crucial factors that affect the operation of WSN is its power consumption and battery life. This paper provides an overview for designing of a low power WSN for IoT applications. Through a combination of ZigBee wireless technology, with a strong networking function, it can realize the communication between a number of Wireless Sensor Nodes. Cost-effective and low power reliable system is implemented using this protocol. Core2530 is one of the Zigbee stack available for such network solution. While considering sensor platforms and its applications, power consumption is one of the important factors to take into consideration. This paper presents the development of low power wireless sensor node for condition monitoring of railway rolling stocks.
KeywordsEmbedded IOT WSN ZigBee Vibrations
The work in this paper is research project under C2SD-SMDP sponsored by Ministry of Electronics and Information technology (MeitY), New Delhi at Centre for VLSI and Nanotechnology, VNIT, Nagpur.
- 2.Zigbee stack by WaveShare Electronics. https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/Core2530
- 3.Li, Z., Bai, X., Chen, X., Fan, X.: The MSP430 Series of Ultra-low Power Microcontroller Principle and System Design. Xidian University Press, Xi’an (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao, J., Lian, X., Wu, Y., Zhang, X., Wang, S.: Design of wireless temperature and humidity data collection system based on MSP430 and CC2530. In: 3rd International Conference on System Science, Engineering Design and Manufacturing Informatization (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Texas Instrument CC2530 datasheet. http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2530.pdf
- 7.STMicroelectronics AIS3624DQ accelerometer datasheet. http://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/ais3624dq.pdf
- 8.Analog Devices TMP37 datasheet. http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/TMP35_36_37.pdf
- 9.Serizawa, K., Lu, J., Kuwabara, H., Zhang, L., Maeda, R., Hayase, M.: Development of low-power and ultra-small wireless sensor nodes for bio-logical information monitoring. In: Electronics Packaging (ICEP) (2016)Google Scholar